Wii #1000 - Tomb Raider: Underworld (USA)

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
So is it any good?
I haven't found any reviews yet, would love to know if it's worth 'getting'
smile.gif

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
CockroachMan said:
The Wii version is looking nice on this one.. and I'm glad that this is #1000!

Unfortunately, Tomb Raider lost me after the 3rd game, and I already have too much stuff to play right now.. maybe some time in the future.
Yeah, I have the same problem with this. No matter how good it might be, this is a Tombraider game. Somehow the name only gives it a outdated feel. I'd wish they slapped a different IP on it and I would be much more enthousiastic. And I'm sorry to say but I've really had it with the "Tough big breasted chick" type of game. Just give me some Indiana Jones type figure. Lara Croft isn't cool anymore.

elfsander

Trophies
Website
microse.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
And again, I disagree with the two posters above.. Lara is still cool. And I'm really happy to see something new after Legend. (Anniversary was a remake of part 1)

Btw, if someone is "dated" then it's Indiana Jones.

scousethief

Trophies
XP
Country
agree indiana jones is boring , id rather play lara shes got a much nicer arse even if it is pixelated its better than saggy and wrinkled
wink.gif

BiscuitBee

Semi-Resident Cookie-Bug
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Tomb Raider? Dated? Things have changed so much since the first few games. C'mon, the first few games had controls like Resident Evil 1. She handled like a car...

Anyhow, I played the demo and the full version is on the back burner pile of games I need to play. It was pretty smooth.

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
The direct sequels to the original tomb raider game were just terrible.
But Legend (GC, so also playable on Wii) really gave the series a new boost. And the Anniversary remake was great too.
Lara definitely is not outdated, she's still cool.

Kusan

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It is not xD

Anyway, I'll get this once I finish ToS 2 and Disasta' (which won't take long, I know), I'll begin downloading though...always been interested in Tomb Raider's games...but I haven't ever played one properly. Is it like PoP but with a hot girl and pistols?

CJLopez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
jalaneme said:
i'm going to buy the ps3 version, the graphics will do me in if i play this one.

Same here. I look prety nice, but i'd rather go for the PS3 version, as on this one I see graphics > gameplay.

masdeeper

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
anyone remember the naked patch for tom raider 1 PC version ?
tongue.gif

MOD EDIT: I don't care if it was in a spoiler box and isn't realistic in any form, still not allowed.

ppc_gba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
any1 tried this on the backup loader?

can u please tell us what's in the update partition? does it have ios55 like the new need for speed?

Hardcore Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
tanooki said:
From the screenshots it doesn't actually look too bad compared to the ps3/xbox ones

The levels are different. The first level, Kraken, is a lot different to what I saw on a youtube vid for 360, she also runs about with a torch on the other versions but it's all lit up here which I think is a good thing, I hate dark games.

It's a really good game, the last one was too, Anniversary. And if anyone likes this then get PoP Rival Swords, I loved that game.

Kusan

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
tanooki said:
From the screenshots it doesn't actually look too bad compared to the ps3/xbox ones

The levels are different. The first level, Kraken, is a lot different to what I saw on a youtube vid for 360, she also runs about with a torch on the other versions but it's all lit up here which I think is a good thing, I hate dark games.

It's a really good game, the last one was too, Anniversary. And if anyone likes this then get PoP Rival Swords, I loved that game.

Rival Swords is awesome
smile.gif

Downloading this, the graphics look awesome for Wii, yay for good games f*cking shovelware releases

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?