Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oooh a DSI racer!!

Jeep®, the undisputed King of off road adventure, invites you to climb into the driver's seat and experience racing like never before! 18 customizable Jeep® vehicles (including futuristic concept cars!), 35 intense tracks, and one main objective: conquering the terrain and the elements and owning the planet. From the jungles of Central America to the frozen Alaskan tundra, this is adventure racing like it ought to be! Jeep® Thrills! And everyone else? Get left behind.

# - Nearly 20 drivable custom-colored Jeep® vehicles-from the classic World War II body style to
# - 36 unique outdoor race tracks.
# - Course spread over six diverse environments- race through hilled jungles, frozen tundra, and treacherous mountain conditions
# - Find the secret passages on each race track to improve lap times

Expect to see brown overused.

MistahJelly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
agentgamma said:
Jeep Thrills has a lack of thrill and its meant to be cheap

Why not name it
Cheap Thrills THAT DONT EXIST
=P

That's exactly what I said to myself when I saw the game on the release list..
tongue.gif

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
There is a bunch oh off roads type of games released lately...
So which one is worth to get ( I'm looking for a few hours of fun, not necessarly a deep game a la GT ):

This one,Monster Jam: Urban Assault (USA), or Baja 1000 (USA) ?

I really like to waggle my Wii Wheel around !

R2DJ

Trophies
XP
Country
This is why I want to sell my Wii.

It's just funny that I saw 3 kids actually buying a shovelware when I went to a shop. I think it's called Desktop Racing.

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Unbelievable.........
I tried it just because I never actually did try one of this so called shovelware games.....and now I know I should have kept it that way !
First, and I'm serious, graphics look exactly like a bad N64 game, included pop-ups and 'fog' effect to mask it.
It has a certain clean feel to it, and it has some very nice colors and runs at steady 60fps, which is good in my book, I tend to overlook graphic detail if that helps to achieve a smooth framerate and gameplay.
But speaking of gameplay...it's probably one of the worse I've ever experienced.
Generic trucks, on generic circuits with generic rock music in the background, and they handle like boats !
When you make a turn your vehicle starts to draft and you loose speed and there is no way to regain it.
Even if you fire up the nitro, you can't get back on track..you just drift away.
Speaking of the nitro, it has an half assed sort of zooming effect to it almost like excitetruck, minus the blurring effects and the excitement. And speed wise I would say it's on par with MK Wii at 50cc.
The game is so hard ! I played excitetruck to death, unlocked every car and all the circuits, so I consider my self a decent gamer,and still I couldn't finish the first race positioning at least 3rd !
It's because the level design and the physics are so cheap that when you make a little accident you fall way beyond the others and it's almost impossible to catch up.
When I finally managed to finish the first race, I unlocked another shitty truck which handles exactly the same as the others.....
Thank god I didn't have any expectation for this, the let down would have been so huge that I might have sold my Wii altogether.
Instead, after an atrocious 15 minutes with this game I ejected the disc and thrown it away right into the garbage can.
I even stopped to upload the torrent to avoid others to get disappointed !
Now I agree, this kind of game shouldn't be made at all, it's really a shameless attempt from cheap companies to make a quick buck jumping on the wii wagon....at the expenses of poor little boys parents who fell for it because to box art looks cool or similar to other famous games...what a rip off.
cry.gif

Heck I even felt ripped-off for wasting a blank DVD on this !
hate2.gif

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
cocomonk22 said:
Anyone else notice how 'Jeep Thrills' sounds like 'cheap thrills'?

Yeah the guy 8 posts above yours did............
wink.gif

QUOTE(agentgamma @ Nov 1 2008, 06:13 AM) Jeep Thrills has a lack of thrill and its meant to be cheap

Why not name it
=P

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Brian117 said:
Hey ARM73.

Could you possibly write a short review of that Monster Truck game that just came out? You give good details and such.

Well thanks for the compliment, if I happen to accidentally get another 'shovelware' game I will certainly write about it, but from now on I better be careful about how to waste my bandwidth !

agentgamma

I dont know what to put here
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
thchang said:
i think nintendo should set a "standard"...stop SHOVELWARE kills wii's appearance
To get the seal all you have to do is have the game not crash the system, have the home screen and the wii strap warning XD
I read that somewhere - cant remember where though

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Jellider said:
agentgamma said:
Jeep Thrills has a lack of thrill and its meant to be cheap

Why not name it
=P

That's exactly what I said to myself when I saw the game on the release list..
tongue.gif

same here CHEAP THRILLS came to my mind also
blink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    the vram is one advantage when it comes to AI but ends up being slower even with that and really AI is the only use case that needs more than 12gb vram right now
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Interesting lol
    I think I watched a video where two games at 4K where eating just over 16GB of RAM and it's the one case where the 7900XT and XTX pulled ahead (minus RTX of course)
    So my opinion is that they could age a bit better in the future, and maybe AMD will continue improving them via drivers like they tend to do. No guarantee there but they have done it in the past. Just a feeling I have.
    cyberpunk at 4k without DLSS/fidelityfx *might* exceed 12gb
    +1
    but that game barely runs at native 4k
    I think it was some newer games and probably poorly optimized PS4 or PS5 ports
    they definitely will age better but i feel dlss might outweigh that since it looks about as good as native resolution and much less demanding
    +1
    When I played Cyberpunk on my old 2080 Ti it sucked lol
    AMD could introduce something comparable to DLSS but nvidia's got a lot more experience with that
    least amd 7xxx has tensor cores which the previous generations didn't so there is the potential for AI upscaling
    They have FSR or whatever it's called and yeah it's still not great
    so AMD seem to finally be starting to take AI seriously
    Oh yeah those new 8000 CPUs have AI cores built in that's interesting
    Maybe they plan on offloading to the CPU?
    Would be kinda cool to have the CPU and GPU working in random more
    Tandem even
    i think i heard of that, it's a good idea, shouldn't need a dedicated GPU just to run a LLM or video upscaling
    even the nvidia shield tv has AI video upscaling
    LLMs can be run on cpu anyway but it's quite slow
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Have you ever been beaten by a wet spaghetti noodle by your girlfriend because she has a twin sister, and you got confused and fucked her dad?
    I had a girlfriend who had a twin sister and they would mess with me constantly.... Until one chipped a tooth then finally I could tell them apart.... Lol
    They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to...