Wii #0924 - Fifa Soccer 2009 (USA)

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by lagman, Oct 30, 2008.

Oct 30, 2008
  1. lagman
    OP

Former Staff lagman I wish I was green.

Mexico
    ^^wiirelease-1497^^

2. DjFIL

Member DjFIL GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    Darn, I just downloaded the PAL version cause I was sick of waiting for the NTSC version to release and they just posted the PAL version on newsgroups. Oh well, brickblocker and wiiregionfree will have to do.

3. Arm73

Member Arm73 GBAtemp Addict

Italy

I did too, and I knew I was gonna get this soon or later as well. Actually I already got this twice, because the first E version I got accidentally was in French !!
    But anyway the Pal version work flawlessly on my NTSC-U system, and further more I'm not really in love with the game, therefore I might skip getting this altogether.
    I'm actually more interersted to see how PES2009 turns out to be at this point.
    Spiking of which.....where the hell is it ?

4. Kusan

Newcomer Kusan Advanced Member

Mexico
    Apparently the Wii version of PES 2009 doesn't have release date, but it will be released in 2009, as said in 2 trusted websites.

It's bad news but...what can we do?
    At least FIFA 09 isn't as awful as 08, which was an insult. (it's the first and only DVD i've thrown away!)

5. Raylene2K7

Member Raylene2K7 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jamaica
    I'm not sure about PES in 2008 ...
    amazon germany says: Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 Wii : February 20th 2009

6. Arm73

Member Arm73 GBAtemp Addict

Italy
    Well then we are stucked with this for a few months, for the good or the bad....maybe if I give it a few more chances.....

7. DjFIL

Member DjFIL GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    Yeah, I got the english PAL version I found working after brickblocker regionfrii. This isn't too bad... I think it's pretty fun. I'm only having issues when choosing who i'm controlling when on defense... but beyond that the controls and gameplay are pretty well done. I'll look for PES2009 when it comes too, as I was really impressed with PES2008 last year.

8. Kusan

Newcomer Kusan Advanced Member

Mexico
    Yeah this game is actually some sort of PES 2008's controls with FIFA's license and bad graphics (PES 2008's graphics were quite good), maybe the changes made to PES2008's control with it's original gameplay is what we'll get for 2009, it'd be awesome (defending in PES 2008 is way too hard!!).

But FIFA 09 ain't bad, it's a huge improvement over 08, and that's something new for EA

9. Hardcore Gamer

Member Hardcore Gamer GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    I wonder if the EA Nation online is regional like MoH2 or play anyone in the world like Tiger Woods 09.

The EU game is unplayable online. 90% of games disconnect. Can anyone see uk players in the lobby?

The Wii controls are pretty bad to be honest. There's no chip pass or chip shot yet they have two separate buttons for sprint although it's not bad if you use the gamecube controller.

10. CJLopez

Newcomer CJLopez Advanced Member

Mexico
    Are this releases post to actually download the games?

If yes, were is the tutorial to download em, or apply to be able to? I had looked all over the forum (were, the parts that seem kinda of a tutorial for something) but still, i'm not able to fin anything related to

BTW... I liked this game, well, what i had seen of. Playing with Mii characters of pro soccer players i think is quite nice. Besides, on Soccer Games, why do graphics matter? Its gameplay what matters

11. sdnoob

Member sdnoob GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Nope, no downloads on this site. These releases are just news for people to know what has been dumped and such.

12. CJLopez

Newcomer CJLopez Advanced Member

Mexico
    Oh! Ok, thanks, good to know