Wii #0917 - James Bond 007: Quantum Of Solace (Europe)

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
abdeldark said:
there is a lot of frame rate issues , many graphic bugs , the game is sometimes unplayable........

.........pictures and video don't return blow!!!!!
the game is playable yes but sometimes with a big slowdown occurs it's unplayable
you will have slowdowns where there is more than 5 or 6 ennemies
or when there is some scrited actions.
the game don't have metroid 3 graphics why there is slowdowns , why?
the is some bug in the game live in the second level you have to pursue on guy you can shot on him there will have no effect.
abdeldark said:
The game gave me a srcipt runtime error ( and i have to restart the level )
in adition of that there is sound glichtes
abdeldark said:
there is many gameplay bug on wii , when you have to pursue someone you can shoot at him , it has any effect
you can get as close as you can from him but you can't caught him ( because you have to pursue him ) why ? don't know
sometimes ennemies says they are under fire , but you haven't shoot at them yet

when you have explosions , rocks fall , ect there is big slowdown

you can shoot on wall there is no impact , you can shoot on chair , computer , ect.... there is no effects at all
but if you shoot on some particular object or car they explose ( very rare objects )

QUOTE(abdeldark @ Oct 30 2008, 11:56 AM) to 'ARM73'

some say the game look decent , we can't say a game who looks like a ps2 game , looks decent
medal of honor vanguard have better graphics with no slow down, bullet impact ect .....
quantum of solace on wii have a very poor water effect , some game on n64 do better

i presume you speak about the poor quality off screen video ?

the gameplay of qos can be resumed like this : advance and shoot what you find nothing else

For one time is not a ps2 to wii , it's probably a fast pc to wii port.
QUOTE(abdeldark @ Oct 30 2008, 02:54 PM)
to me the big problem is not the graphics but slowdowns i hate them
I can understand that a game with beautiful graphics has slowdows at times , but a game with ps2 graphics running on wii has no excuses at all
another problems is bugs.
I have to restart of level because the game give me an obscure error message "runtime error : maximum number of script exceeded"

- if someone can explain me:
- why if you shoot at someone , bullet have no effect on him because you have to pursue him , i have played games who give you mission fail and tell you : "arrest him and don't kill him "
- why you can run faster than that person but can't arrest him , because you have to pursue him until the end of the level ?
- you can jump form a parked bus and you will die , just because the developper allow you to jump where you want , but if you jump to not alowed area you will die

I guess by now we figure it out that you are disappointed with the game !
smile.gif

Anyway, it sounds more like you dislike some some known flows , then actually experiencing bugs. Or maybe something went wrong when you burnt your game and that's why you are having more issues then the others.
Me I'm just gonna wait for the U release, I know they'll be virtually identical, but I feel safer when I run my own region's games.
Anyway I've seen some of the videos posted and it looks decent, and certainly interesting,, and I'd love to have a few more FPS on my Wii, even though graphically is not as powerful, I just couldn't go back to play an FPS with a dual shick type of controller !

abdeldark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
to 'ARM73'

some say the game look decent , we can't say a game who looks like a ps2 game , looks decent
medal of honor vanguard have better graphics with no slow down, bullet impact ect .....
quantum of solace on wii have a very poor water effect , some game on n64 do better

the gameplay of qos can be resumed like this : advance and shoot what you find nothing else

Raylene2K7

Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
Kenshin2k said:
where is the promised exclusive coop mode
there's coop in multiplayer mode only:
Multiplayer > Team Conflict / Team Rush
Mehrspieler > Team-Konflikt / Team-Hatz

What bothers me most is that this game needs a 97 blocks savegame! wtf?!

Hardcore Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
A lot of whinging on here nowadays. Free games and still not happy.

When I was a young kid we had 8 bit games, you couldn't save your game, they were a few pixels jumping about the screen, you had a joystick with one button, loaded the game in from a tape recorder. We used to play them all in a cardboard box in the middle of the street and we were thankful.

Now see a five page thread complaining that the water textures are poor.

You don't know you're born.

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hardcore Gamer said:

When I was a young kid we had 8 bit games, you couldn't save your game, they were a few pixels jumping about the screen, you had a joystick with one button, loaded the game in from a tape recorder. We used to play them all in a cardboard box in the middle of the street and we were thankful.

I couldn't agree more man !
You said it just right, I do feel the same about my younger brother when he complains about games like Castlevania OOE being too difficult, or Fifa 09 on the Wii too ugly....
Back then, after 15 minutes of tape loading we were lucky if the game didn't have any bugs that prevented you from finish the game at all LOL...

AND

QUOTE(abdeldark @ Oct 30 2008, 11:56 AM) to 'ARM73'

Sorry , but I couldn't make up what are you trying to say this time( it doesn't make too much sense ), stop whining about the game and play something else FCOL......!

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Hardcore Gamer said:

my first computer was a amiga 500 so i aint a noob lol, i'm just stating the facts that for today's standards the games graphics are poor, i don't like the fact that you are forced to play in 1st person mode compared to everything or nothing on the gamecube which is in 3rd person and much more cooler and less clunky, i may consider getting this for the ps3 (when it's cheap of course) just to save my sanity lol

QUOTE(abdeldark @ Oct 30 2008, 04:56 PM) quantum of solace on wii have a very poor water effect , some game on n64 do better

QFT goldeneye on the n64 has better graphics than this lol

Hardcore Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
jalaneme said:
my first computer was a amiga 500 so i aint a noob lol, i'm just stating the facts that for today's standards the games graphics are poor, i don't like the fact that you are forced to play in 1st person mode compared to everything or nothing on the gamecube which is in 3rd person and much more cooler and less clunky, i may consider getting this for the ps3 (when it's cheap of course) just to save my sanity lol

QFT goldeneye on the n64 has better graphics than this lol

I'll report back in a few hours and give my opinion on it, just finished burning it.
smile.gif

Unless the controls are rubbish I reckon I'll like it though, I didn't buy a Wii to be blown away with graphics. I've just finished the Spiderman Web of Shadows game and thought that was great, one of the best games I've played on the wii. I pop on to a few game websites to read about the difference between the good and bad ending and all I see is thread after thread slagging the graphics off. I couldn't believe it, I thought they were great but I've grown up playing proper bad graphics games for, like you say, the Amiga and the old Atari.

I remember the day I was properly blown away when I saw MGS on the playstation. I popped into a friend's house and my jaw dropped to the ground. Since then, all games have looked great to me.

As long as the controls are ok then I'm a happy bunny. Manhunt 2 for example, I put that in the bin after 5 minutes, the worst controls in a game I've ever seen.

I'll give my mini review later.
tongue.gif

lost101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hardcore Gamer said:
As long as the controls are ok then I'm a happy bunny. Manhunt 2 for example, I put that in the bin after 5 minutes, the worst controls in a game I've ever seen.
I personally think the controls are great, and you are able to customize the sensitivity and dead zone etc to suit your own taste.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
controls are not that great unfortunatly, when i relaod my gun by shaking the nunchuck i have to do it 2 or 3 times, also when i try to jump on those roofs i just dropped like a stone even though i pressed the jump button, that angered me a lot yesterday as i tried like 20 times to jump the dam thing
angry.gif

abdeldark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
to me the big problem is not the graphics but slowdowns i hate them
I can understand that a game with beautiful graphics has slowdows at times , but a game with ps2 graphics running on wii has no excuses at all
another problems is bugs.
I have to restart of level because the game give me an obscure error message "runtime error : maximum number of script exceeded"

- if someone can explain me:
- why if you shoot at someone , bullet have no effect on him because you have to pursue him , i have played games who give you mission fail and tell you : "arrest him and don't kill him "
- why you can run faster than that person but can't arrest him , because you have to pursue him until the end of the level ?
- you can jump form a parked bus and you will die , just because the developper allow you to jump where you want , but if you jump to not alowed area you will die

Kusan

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Ok, played through the first level, gameplay is good, I liked the controls.
But the sound issues are true, sometimes the dialogue is cut and you'll hear "Im reaching the.............now...shoot....yes", or you'll kill an enemy and his "death sound" will be heard 3 seconds later
And yes there are some framerate issues, maybe if I burn at 1x all these problems will be solved...'cause I burned at 2x. Not using any loader

Chinman

Trophies
XP
Country
a day later and you guys still complaining about a game you didnt pay for. what is the world coming to
laugh.gif

zeckyD

Trophies
XP
Country
Burkina Faso
Don't cry baby: wifi match doesn''t have slowdown and it's really excellent. Goldeneye online, that's what it is !!!
The friend code thread has already been created, add your code and add wii !
grog.gif
big up for bond !!!

Hardcore Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Well I've played the first 3 missions and I think it's great. The only slowdown I saw was the 2nd chapter I think when you ran down a spiral staircase and it turned you around because you were supposed to jump from the top instead.

As for the complaints for dying when you jumped from the bus, jesus christ, you're not supposed to jump from the bus, you're supposed to climb up a drain pipe. That's the game telling you you've gone the wrong way. It's not as if it put you back to the start, it restarted you in that exact spot. I'm getting sick of kiddie moaners slagging off every game that is released now. A software company spends nearly 2 years making a game and some spoilt kid comes along, slags off some water texture and shouts "fail". They must shake their heads in disgust reading game feedback.

I've watched the first mission on the xbox360 and I'm not seeing that big of a difference.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zokT_NimSvM

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol