Wii #0668 - Boom Blox (Europe)

henkp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
This is actually very good, I've been playing it with some friends and alone for a couple of days now and I must say, it's very funny to topple the towers with all sorts of stuff like baseballs, sticky hands or even laser guns!
This seems like a sleeper hit to me, with the create mode I think (and hope) we'll see a lot of puzzles/contraptions on the internet very soon.

lou_weed

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
well its an extremely addicting game , but i must say , despite its 300+ puzzles , it's kinda short :-)
i've already completed about 80% of it , leaving most of the shooting levels behind me with just a bronze (not intending to repeat them) , and i havent found a convenient way of downloading new puzzles.
have you seen a way of loading levels off an SD card ? (that way fansites may rise with bonus packs , and stuff like that..)

henkp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
and thus picking someone's savegame from the internet, copying it to your machine and play their puzzles
smile.gif
(but no, I haven't found an easy way of importing/exporting people's puzzles, and I don't think it exists because I see no wifi-logo on the box...
frown.gif
)

Hit

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Wiimote can't handle the game
Or is it just me

When I throw a bomb, or something and point the wiimote back a TV again it takes about 3-5Sec to resync so it can be moved again, in that time my crystals are stolen and my walls are broken
frown.gif

Zerror

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hello

Downloaded the game ([Wii]Boom_Blox[PAL][ESPALWii]\ISO\BoomBlox(compress).iso), but my Wii (PAL with Wiikey 1.9g and now 1.9s) don't recognize it?
Who has the same specs ^^, does it works with you?

It's the first 'scrubbed' Wii game I use, is that the problem?

frown.gif

henkp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hit said:
Or is it just me

When I throw a bomb, or something and point the wiimote back a TV again it takes about 3-5Sec to resync so it can be moved again, in that time my crystals are stolen and my walls are broken
frown.gif

That's you i think, you playing at 60hz/640p? I noticed my wii appearing way slower on a plasma when playing in 50hz...

Haven't noticed any problems at all during play, not a single gem stolen in those quests
smile.gif

DiNo29

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
The game have problems with my wiimotes too.
Sometimes, when I throw a bomb, the game then consider that my wiimote is tilted on the side (I can see it by going in the menu, the cursor is tilted), and so the aiming is wrong. I have to shake my wiimote for the cursor/aim to become normal again ...

Schaapje82

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
henkp said:
Hit said:
Or is it just me

frown.gif

That's you i think, you playing at 60hz/640p? I noticed my wii appearing way slower on a plasma when playing in 50hz...

Haven't noticed any problems at all during play, not a single gem stolen in those quests
smile.gif

I experience the same kind of trouble. It just lags for some time. After shaking it for a bit it's better, but that cannot be the way it is suposed to be, right?

Alerek

Trophies
Website
alerek.cjb.net
XP
Country
United States
I spent around 6 hours or so playing this two days ago...my right arm is still sore as hell, but man, what a fun game. The only problem I've seen with it is getting the cursor on the screen after I move it away....seems like the game has a smaller window for a pointer than others? Once you get used to it, its loads of fun.

Elfish

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
bleh i'm getting error 001 on this release :/ with wiikey 1.9s

//edit

nvm works now i just turned on block updates in the wiikey config disc
smile.gif

Sotoro

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Tried to patch it with ppf o matich 3.0, but i always get a error, that it's not a a legit ppf file. Can anyone upload the file agagin, or knows why its not working.

BigX

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
well you cannot go wrong, buying this game.
It's awesome. Its simpel and still challenging.
With so many level there are enough to repeat (to go for gold in some level) and you may skip (remain bronze) on the level you don't like.
This title is rather cheap to buy...its no full price title.
I rented this am going to buy it this afternoon :-D

Even my girlfriend has a sore muscles in her arm because of this addictive game :-)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16