Country
United States
thebobevil said:
WTF?

A 3rd thread for this?

I made a couple mistakes...sorry
icon3.gif

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Here's Nintendo Power's 3/10 review for the game:

Nintendo Power review said:
You may not have heard of it until now, but the Baroque series has been around for almost a decade in Japan. And while we usually envy Japanese gamers for getting games we don't, in this case we would have been better off without it.

You spend the majority of your time wandering through dungeons and fighting monsters in real time. As in most dungeon-crawlers, Baroque's combat is slowed down to the point that it almost feels turn-based, and it quickly grows boring. As you progress, you gain experience and collect items as you might expect, but when you die (a key gameplay element), you lose everything and have to start from square one.

On top of the boring gameplay, Baroque just throws you into the action from the get-go, with no explanation of what is going on or who you are. (The main character, conveniently, has amnesia.) When you die and are reincarnated, more of the story is explained, but it's in little bits and pieces, and you'll often find yourself wondering what to do and where to go next.

The rest of Baroque is under-whelming as well. The graphics are average, and the dungeons are drab and unimpressive. The localization - from lines that are completely nonsensical to the character who cheerfully adds "goddammit" to every sentence - is laughably bad, and doesn't make the story any easier to comprehend. All in all, Baroque has few redeeming qualities, and your money is better spent elsewhere.

zeckyD

Trophies
XP
Country
Burkina Faso
I try the japaneese version and it was so awfull that i never put it my wii twice. Grphics and controls really sucks ....it's only my opinion.

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Having tried both versions now, I have to say the PS2 version is better, as it doesn't have the gimmicky control scheme.

This is a remake of a great Saturn game ... and I am enjoying it.

Rogue-likes are not everyone's cup of tea, mind you ... and I totally understand that.

Flawsdraw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
No the risk is, i end up making coasters out of disks if a future update deems the freeloader useless. otherwise I wouldnt care, but i take the regionfrii/brickblocker side of things cheers

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn