Wii #0620 - Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 (Europe)

wovva

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just bought this game today and was pretty chuffed as I got a 20 quid trade in value for Fifa!

It is very very strange, and you have to totally unlearn everything you think you know about football games, but the passing into space thing is enough for me. It's what football games have been needing since the day dot. And it's so simple. Genius.

As for an edited team roster... that would also be relevant to my interests!

thebawp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So far, I've not really played any football games on any of the next gen consoles, but I'm interested in this. I wonder if Trucha could be used to edit the player/team names? I suppose that's pretty pointless if it's going to be disabled by Nintendo though, so I guess a savegame would be the next best bet.

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I need some help, please !
I really want to play the PAL version on my NTSC Wii, because I'd like to play this game in Italian.
Problem is, I never attempted anything like that because usually I'm happy with the (U) releases.
But you guys must know a few tricks by now......
Is there any hope to get it to work on my Wii?

jamesjones

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
isn't the game widescreen?
i get two black sidebars with this game.

Other games are fullscreen.

I use a component cable and the Wii on FW 3.2E

sdoc96

Creaky Old Stiff Member
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
jamesjones said:
isn't the game widescreen?
i get two black sidebars with this game.

Other games are fullscreen.

I use a component cable and the Wii on FW 3.2E
I'm using component 480P pal and the game is 16:9 (and in correct aspect).
Great game BTW!
grog.gif

jamesjones

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
That wasn't the answer i was hoping for
wink.gif

For what i have seen, the game looked indeed nice
biggrin.gif

But do you have some special settings made in either the TV or Wii (except for the EDTV/HDTV 480p option and the 16:9 aspect).

You happen to have an original Nintendo or 3rd party Component Cable?

I checked some other games, a lot have this problem too on my TV.
Fifa08, NBA Live or Mario Galaxy and Link's Crossbow all work on full Widescreen, but some others like Ghost Squad and this game does not
frown.gif

Apparently not only JVC problem: http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,19887766?hilite=
But no solution
frown.gif
(yet)

finite

Trophies
XP
Country
FreddeX said:
FINALLY,
an enjoyable game of soccer ... all systems considered over the last 25 years.
Haven't had this much fun since International Soccer on the C64, which was fun for completely different reasons.

International Soccer (1983) for those of you who missed those wonderful years ...
IntSoccer4.gif

Wow, that is praise indeed, I've been trying football games for a similar time period maybe this is the one for me too.

Chinman

Trophies
XP
Country
warning this post contains spoilers!

was a long hard road but finally completed champions road. a tip: always check the opposition before each match and see their star ratings, give you a better chance of picking higher rated players after a match. complete the missions they set, the quicker you do these, the quicker you can pick 5-star players

Here is how deep the champion road goes (found in a forum)

Area Challenge (4 in total, 3stages each): Teams varies from Serie A, EPL, La Liga, etc.
The first 2 stages of each area will be a 3 team tournament, the last stage is 5 team tournament.
-----------------------------------------------
Defeating all area challenges will unlock Cup #1 which will feature 16 teams knockout tournament
They feature good teams such as Bayer Munich, PSV, Valencia, etc.
Defeating Cup #1 will unlock Cup #2 featuring 32 teams with qualifier in 8 team groups, then the top 2 teams in each group move on to 16 team knockout.
This cup features the BEST teams in the world such as Real Madrid, Barcelona, Arsenal, Inter/AC Milan, etc.
----------------------------------------------
Defeating Cup #2 will unlock World Tour Mode where you battle with national teams in this order
-Oceania Cup (Australia, Japan, etc.)
-African Cup (Ivory Coast, Nigeria, etc.)
-American Cup (Brazil, Argentina, Mexico, USA, etc.)
-European Cup (France, England, Spain, etc.)
-World Cup (I don't need to explain ...)
Defeating World Cup will Unlock KONAMI CHALLENGE CUP
All the best national and league teams in a brawl to the end !!

this is what i found in a forum, but when i beat the konami cup, there was also an all star challenge 1 (6 team league with teams consisting of best players from that continent) and all-star challenge 2 (6 team league based on best players based on a particular player, i dont quite understand myself, but there was a team called jaguars, the passers and a youth team)

lastly was a classic team cup, 8 team cup comprised of classic teams such as brazil england france argentina etc, beating this unlock all the classic teams in match mode.

finite

Trophies
XP
Country
I really enjoyed this game from the get go the level and ease of control is brilliant. Its just a the shame local multiplayer gets rather confusing when you see both players full overlays in action. Online is so much better in this regard.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended