Wii #0518 - No More Heroes (USA)

Twiffles

танковые победы
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I wonder if they translated more than just text, since the Japanese version had english Voice overs.

coolbho3000

GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh yes. Oh yes. Hhehehe. This will be good.
ohmy.gif

MC DUI

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm surprised this topic hasn't exploded yet, I expected tonnes of posts within minutes.
Personally this game doesn't interest me that much, however if people give some positive reviews for it I may give it a try.

How similar is it to Killer 7? Because I really didn't like that very much, just way too confusing. Plus the gameplay was lackluster.
Is this game just attempting to capitalise on people's want for a lightsaber game on the Wii?

Hero-Link

Hero of Derrr
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I'm surprised this topic hasn't exploded yet, I expected tonnes of posts within minutes.
Personally this game doesn't interest me that much, however if people give some positive reviews for it I may give it a try.

How similar is it to Killer 7? Because I really didn't like that very much, just way too confusing. Plus the gameplay was lackluster.
Is this game just attempting to capitalise on people's want for a lightsaber game on the Wii?

check the other topic about NMH (the one that has a score from a magazine).

Plus this is quite different from Killer 7, the only thing that remains is the graphics style.

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This game doesn't seem like it would be confusing and it's completely different from Killer 7's gameplay. Killer 7's story didn't actually explain things so much so I guess that's why you'd think it's confusing. That new Star Wars game is getting a Wii version isn't it? This game is attempting to be a "mature" Wii game more than a game with a lightsaber. Plus, you push a button to swing the sword.

IGN seemed to dock some points for the free-roaming part of the game. I don't know about that though since I haven't played it.

jergens

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wow, it got a 9.0 on Gamespot, the highest I've seen a Wii game get from them in a long time. I'll have to check this out!

MC DUI

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Wow, it got a 9.0 on Gamespot, the highest I've seen a Wii game get from them in a long time. I'll have to check this out!

Sounds like it could be worth a try then!
smile.gif

I'd go and read the review but gaming sites are banned at my work, except for GBAtemp for some reason....
unsure.gif

luigimania

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Here's something I've been thinking about...

Some NTSC games, when using regionfrii to change to PAL, only work in 50hz mode or 60hz mode.

Eg Indy 500 Legends USA works on PAL in 50hz mode (as reported in the forums here, and from the experiences of a friend of mine) [EDIT: (Clarification) I didn't have to change modes to run INDY 500 USA on my PAL wii.]

BUT I didn't have to change the mode on my PAL console because I use component cables and 480p mode.

Is it possible that No More Heroes has been reported as working on PAL but it was running 480p mode? Many ppl are trying in either PAL 50 of PAL 60 mode.

Has anyone tried it in 480p?

(I'll know in a couple of hours).

Luigimania

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I guess Ancientboi would be Peter
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Loooooool :rofl2:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So true
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 Snow Day is pretty fun. My only bitch would be the camera controls, when you move around, say down, you have to move the right stick left or right to get camera to turn and get your view, other than that I like it so far.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Many of them did before colour television was common.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It certainly wasn't inexpensive it cost the same as a new car back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much did a 1965 color TV cost?

For example, a 21-inch (diagonal) GE color television in 1965 had an advertised price of $499, which is equal to $4,724 in today's dollars, according to the federal government's inflation calculator.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, take into consideration how economy was back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why they listed inflation rates
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sorry didnt read that part
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking