Wii #0489 - Nodame Cantabile: Dream Orchestra (Japan)

SirDrake

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Works on PAL, Wiikey 1.9b, not patched

sweet great news

cant wait to get my hands on this one
070_goodjob.gif

Maigo

Trophies
XP
Country
ZOMG! This game rocks!... well, in a very classical way that is ^^
one of the top games so far (now if only taiko no tatsujin appeared that would be even better).

RyuKakashi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'd be doubtful this ever comes out outside of Japan. The manga and anime haven't been released here as far as I know. The weird thing is my father-in-law will probably want this game because he's been bugging me about this mystical 'conductor' game he insists that he saw
tongue.gif
I believe the mangas are out in america.

mooyah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gave each instrument a play through (well the ones that are available right off the bat) and its just a lot of timed waggle or button presses. The songs all play automatically with (wonky miss) sounds stuck in there only when you miss the timing. It's just a further dumbing down of the way music games are already. At least with stuff like Taiko no Tatsujin you hear your don's and ka's exactly when you bang em out. I guess the game means more if you're a fan of the series too...

Louse76

Trophies
Website
myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
I'd be doubtful this ever comes out outside of Japan. The manga and anime haven't been released here as far as I know. The weird thing is my father-in-law will probably want this game because he's been bugging me about this mystical 'conductor' game he insists that he saw
tongue.gif

Before the Wii was released, they were showing this - I think it was at E3. If you haven't seen it, then you hadn't been following the Wii.

DiNo29

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
tongue.gif

Before the Wii was released, they were showing this - I think it was at E3. If you haven't seen it, then you hadn't been following the Wii.
It's called Wii Music and release 1st or 2nd quarter 2008, I think.

1ns4nity

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone explain clearly how to play the different instruments?

Eg for the violin, I dont know what are the different movements that you have to do when the different types of notes cross the red line.

Thanks!

mooyah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
From what I remember.. the flute and oboe are Wiimote only (held in weird positions) just using A,1,2 button presses. You hold any one down for the duration when a note appears in a blue box.

With the violin you need the nunchuk connected just for you to hold Z down. I guess the nunchuk is the far end of the violin so hold it out.. like you're playing a real one? The Wii remote acts as the bow and you're supposed to pull back and forth like those real violinist people. Small notes require a light movement, medium ones a 'medium' movement, and big notes a strong movement. Hard to describe exactly how hard to move in words but you get a feel for it when you play. Hold notes in boxes are done by continually moving the Wiimote back and forth for the duration.

The timpani uses the nunchuk and follows a similar light, medium, strong pattern but you're banging down on virtual drum thingy.

The tact is Wiimote only doing the light, medium, strong thing again but waving it around like a conductor.

(You can be lazy and just shake the Wiimote and it counts as any of the waggle playing motions)

eternity575

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
tongue.gif
there was one for the ps2... MAD MAESTRO if im not mistaken..
so your fil is still sane
smile.gif
rofl2.gif

Dhaya

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Haha ! It's so much fun to play along with the characters i like ! Gyabooooooo~ And even for someone who doesn't read japanese, it's still easy to understand.

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Can anyone explain clearly how to play the different instruments?

Eg for the violin, I dont know what are the different movements that you have to do when the different types of notes cross the red line.

Thanks!

It's very simple. Just press 1 before playing to get a visual tutorial.

I like this game a lot. It could have been MUCH better, but compared to the regular bullshit that comes out on the Wii, this is a very welcome and pretty entertaining title.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality