Wii #0440 - Wii Fit (Japan)

Bazildon

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
bazildon.com
XP
Country
WiiSex....hmmmm. Reminds me somewhat of that dodgy youtube "rapegames/homebrew" thing from a while back.

Of course once someone figures out the homebrew crack/exploit/overflow(ooo-errr) then we can all really get started on the freaky shit and random weirdness for the Wii.

...."right then, everyone chuck their Wiimote in this bowl and my Mrs will stir them up and pick one...no....TWO!!"

(it is late and wine has been consumed in our house)
laugh.gif

Serpent01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know if its multi player? As in buy 2 balance boards and play with someone else at the same time???

I kinda like the idea of Wii fit and the board, but i'd really like to have a 2 (or more) player ga....errrr......thing!

So the Mrs and I can do it together......as it wereÂ
wink.gif

Yea you can play 2 players with 2 balance boards.

Theres this one game where you race the other player while actually running on the fitness board.

deckard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Um... you don't run on the balance board. The running/jogging game? is done only with a wiimote in one hand.
Basicly Wiifit is for the person who wants to execise, do yoga or other weight lose based ...game style workout type things... (?) It is not a game.
Not every piece of software on a computer is a game, and Nintendo has made
strong point that it's systems will not only carry game soft. It's a trend Nintendo has had from it's early days in Japan with the Famicom (NES) and hasn't moved from it much... if anything with each generation they become more family oriented. If anyone says they're a hardcore gamer and feel the need to dis-this or nintendo I think they should try to figure out what gamer means.

If you want a game, this is not for you. If you want a rather cool, slightly heavy large flat plastic board on your floor that monitors your motion and weight and adds a interesting new set of abilities to your wii, or you want to try Yoga, exercise at home in a new way, or try some new wii sports/like mini exercise games then it's for you.

I don't regret buying mine and wish I had more time to use it and the uncountable other games I have on a shelf waiting to be played.

Actually if ths is opened up for other developers to develop software for I think it could proove to be a very very interesting new device for the wii. For example imagine games like Dewy, or Marble Mania being controlled not by the wiimote but by your body motion.

Or as I'm sure many people long for a good boxing game... think wiimote and nunchuck are your gloves and the balance board your lean forward and back and side to side cover your head movement to the sides....

moshii

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Actually if ths is opened up for other developers to develop software for I think it could proove to be a very very interesting new device for the wii. For example imagine games like Dewy, or Marble Mania being controlled not by the wiimote but by your body motion.

It should be bluetooth... which means we should be able to use this on non-wii platforms. The game with controller is 8000yen here.. that's like 40 quid or 6 billion (proper billion) US dollars. HAR HAR

xcvmvcx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does this game detect the wii fit board before continuing on or can I download this and just use the jogging mode (which uses the wiimote)?

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I dont know since it doesnt work on my pal wii.

1st time i got the 001 error, but all other times only a black screen
frown.gif

I did use brickblocker though, because i dont want to risk installing a jap update on my pal wii.

trixery

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is my experience:

NTSC-U
WiiKey 1.9g

I got this backup burned with brickblock (it wanted to run an update) but you get stuck at a screen which I assume tells you to turn on your balanceboard. Only thing that happens on this screen is when you turn your wiimote on it vibrates and then a beep like an error, again I assume its telling you thats not the right controller.

I don't know how wrong I am but I'm sad I can't get this to work without the board
frown.gif

dyin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is my experience:

NTSC-U
WiiKey 1.9g

I got this backup burned with brickblock (it wanted to run an update) but you get stuck at a screen which I assume tells you to turn on your balanceboard. Only thing that happens on this screen is when you turn your wiimote on it vibrates and then a beep like an error, again I assume its telling you thats not the right controller.

I don't know how wrong I am but I'm sad I can't get this to work without the board
frown.gif

I got exactly the same message and my Wii is exactly the same as yours. I pressed A twice then the "sync up" page showed up. I turned off my Wii and tried again, and this time I didn't need to press A twice and the "sync up" page showed up directly.

florkie2000

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Here is my experience:

NTSC-U
WiiKey 1.9g

frown.gif

I got exactly the same message and my Wii is exactly the same as yours. I pressed A twice then the "sync up" page showed up. I turned off my Wii and tried again, and this time I didn't need to press A twice and the "sync up" page showed up directly.

Anyone know if the blance board is perfectly compatible with ntsc u and pal wii ?

fthepress

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I've heard someone run this Wiifit and borad on a 3.0U system.

Wii is updated to a half brick, and then the Wiifit runs well.

I suggest you to use the MP3 trick to run the Janpanese Wiifit on a Pal Wii.

pbareges

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi there! I NEED HELP... i have a US WII 1st generation moded with wiijkey, last firmware 1.9b...i bought wii fit japanese version and tried to play it...i had to install a system update from the CD in japanese (new japanese channels appearing on the front panel now)..hope this did not fuck my system...so far it does not seem as all my other US games are working perfectly fine....BUT! the game wii fit is all in japanese...and i don't understand anything as you may well imagine...i was able to sync the board with the wii...go through the MII setup (balance gravity center test, left/right balance tests were perfectly fine and fun so i'm sure the device is correctly synced to my system)..when i enter the gym, i can choose my gym professor and perform some further left/right precise balancing tests...BUT whenever i try to start an activity or a game, i get a screen with a header in japanese i don't understand and with 2 lines : first one displaying 1P - (player name) - and 4 little boxes (first one being green and the others dark), second line is empty...it reminds me of the wii sports screen where each player has to press a&b simultaneously before playing....but whatever i do nothing happens!! PLEASE HELP...the only thing working on this screen is the option to go back to previous screen (button B) ....PLEASSSSEEEE!! i so eagerly awaited for this!!

pbareges

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow...that japanese game finally is in japanese language? cool

thanks for the help..i can see the light through now!!! no seriously i really fear this may be a protection scheme to lock the games on the ntsc-u machines even if the disc boots up and the first setups work cause on youtube videos the screen i'm referring to never appears when selecting a game/activity....i'm so frustrated!

I've heard someone run this Wiifit and borad on a 3.0U system.

Wii is updated to a half brick, and then the Wiifit runs well.

I suggest you to use the MP3 trick to run the Janpanese Wiifit on a Pal Wii.

can you please give me details on this ?

this is the screen i was refering to....anyone kind enough to provide me with the english translation ? thx.

wiifit-ntsc-umsg.jpg

this may help someone else...a man able to read japanese on another forum helped me to solve this issue...this was just that i needed to unplug the nunchuck from the wiimote....!! i can go fitting now!!!

Edit: Posts edited together, duplicates deleted. Don't double and/or triple post!
lecture.gif
- Ace

danejade

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys can any one confirm if the game (jp version) itself works on pal systems (wiikey 1.9s) I'm thinkin of buyin it in japan coz it's half the price over there compared to here!!
Thanks in advance
grog.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.