robi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
I loved that video.

"Cupcake...I don't even know what this is, why don't I know it? It's just because I'm French speaking" Vive la France
smile.gif

I enjoy the Cranium board game a lot so I'll probably get this. I wonder what I can find to emulate the red lens glasses. I was surprised at how well it worked in the video.

Also glad that it has different questions for each territory, I wonder if all questions are kept on the disc...For example, I wonder if I could switch to Québécois French and answer Canadian questions. Or change the country in Wii Settings to England and get British questions.

lagman

I wish I was green.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Also glad that it has different questions for each territory, I wonder if all questions are kept on the disc...For example, I wonder if I could switch to Québécois French and answer Canadian questions. Or change the country in Wii Settings to England and get British questions.

Well, it's red cellophane, you can get it at any big paper store, then you could use some old glasses or some wire
rofl2.gif
I'll give it a try for sure XD
What a shame that Ubisoft didn't included questions in Spanish, they usually do it.

Thanks lagman - was looking for more info on this game and your video clip was perfect!

Yeah, I didn't know what this was either so I looked up for it on youtube and that was the only video that showed up and I thought it looked really interesting so I put it here
happy.gif

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gravity?
Wait, oh graffitti?

Whats the point of the glasses?

I dont get it.

An interesting idea thoug. Much better than the hordes of SpongBob kids games out there.

lagman

I wish I was green.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
The "answers" are hidden and you can only see them with the glasses.

EDIT: Update for those that are interested in this game:

This includes many "editions" of the game:
*USA Edition
*Canada Edition
*Quebec Edition
*International English Edition
*British Edition
*French Edition
*German Edition
*Spain Edition
*Italian Edition

It NEEDS the glasses to be played -or the solution from some posts above- and it's multiplayer only, I thought I would be able to play the globetrotter mode by myself, but there's no way to do that -or at least I haven't found out how-, this is a party game for kids, a really good one, possibly one of the 3 best Ubisoft games on the Wii.

Schaapje82

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Why is there never a Dutch version of these kinds of games? I have some friends whose English is not that good, they would not have known the cupcake either...
cry.gif

zahimi

GBAtemp theme maker extraordinarie
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i totaly agree with what he said in the review regarding the control.
for example: the zoom in the globe DO NOT WORK. no matter how i tried and tried i couldnt get it to work AT ALL.
also the "cameo" parts of the game DO NOT WORK AT ALL. again i tried and tried and i realy tought something is wrong with me.
and then i read this review and got my answer.
but IMHO the NOT WORKING AT ALL parts do not make the game suck, but it makes the game UNPLAYABLE and practicaly USELESS.
i trashed the dvd and thanked god i didnt spend any money on this crap.
i feel realy realy sorry for people who paid for this garbage.

mikipe2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
^^^^^^^^^^^^
I found the same thing, I thought it might be something to do with my copy or from me choosing International English version. But zooming doesn't work, which makes the globe and sticker games harder, and the spray painting LITERALLY INOPERABLE!!! No matter how hard we tried, we couldn't paint anything, and just had to wait for the timer to run out and fail us.

If anyone else can get the spray painting or zooming to work, make sure to post here and tell us how!

NoTowelLint

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We also couldn't get the zoom feature to work so we restarted and let everything load on its own rather than rushing the loads by pushing buttons. The zoom worked just fine when we did this. Later in the game we started rushing it again and it was still working OK so perhaps there's only an initial load earlier in the game to make it work. When the zoom feature works, so does that mini-game where you rotate the dials to spell a word. It also improves the action-recoginization in the mimic games like cameo.

I can't explain exactly what it is that fixes the issue but I can confirm that it all does indeed work under the right circumstances.

mikipe2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
^^^^^^^^^^^
How strange! Maybe that's why the developers didn't pick it up before shipping the game.

Thanks so much for the reply, looking forward to loading up the game again!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    I can't believe you got me with that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and checking GBAtemp frequently.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    Veho @ Veho: Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.