Wii #0400 - Guitar Hero 3 (Europe)

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by T-hug, Nov 22, 2007.

Nov 22, 2007
  1. T-hug
    OP

Chief Editor T-hug Always like this.

pip
    United Kingdom
    ^^wiirelease-0464^^

2. shadowboy

Member shadowboy :D

United States
    Glitches fixed? Or still uber glitchy?

3. sekhu

Member sekhu moo?

United Kingdom
    I assume that this, as well as the NTSC version, output in mono?

4. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Should still be in mono.

5. Rulza

Member Rulza GBAtemp Regular

Sweden
    Yup, it's in mono [​IMG]

6. Naouak

Member Naouak GBAtemp Regular

France
    That's a shame for a musical game.

7. dydy

Banned dydy Banned

its multi 5?

8. Beware

Member Beware GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    It's technically not a glitch anymore since they took the Dolby seal off of it. So now it IS mono instead of it being mono due to a glitch. Real nice Activision.

9. T-hug
    OP

Chief Editor T-hug Always like this.

pip
    United Kingdom
    lol is there a reason why it's mono only? I'm totally bemused as to why this is the case with such a huge game, a musical game at that were sound is practically one of the two big selling points.

10. Hooya

Member Hooya GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Because their Quality Control team sucks. And they don't want to lose any money by fixing the issue, so instead of fixing the bug, releasing the fixed disks to the paying customers, and making everyone happy, they simply said "no, the game is just in mono". In other words, they made a buggy game, and are now saying "it's not a bug, it's a feature". I even filed a complaint with the BBB on them about the issue. Customer service is a total sham.

Basically it means that if you want a music game on the Wii, wait for Rock Band, or play Rayman Raving Rabbids 1 or 2. I shall never buy a game published by Activision. Lifetime boycott. Unless they quite literally change their tune.

11. AxaliaN

Newcomer AxaliaN Member

Netherlands
    Hehe, I'm not affected by this bug. My crappy tv can only output mono [​IMG]

12. Nio

Member Nio GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    That's so gay .... do they really have a qualitiy team? Did anybody of the mactually play the game before they sell it?
    I mean this is Actionvision, thats not a three man company or something. But i guess thats the problem, they use some crpay xbox to wii converter and thats it, no checking nothing.
    Nintendo sucks too, why do they licens such a crap? return to sender ...
    Well who are the pirates here???

13. hergipotter

Member hergipotter GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    afaik is it in stereo. Its only mono if you try to use the surround setting. If you use the stereo setting its stereo

14. Duracelpupu

Newcomer Duracelpupu Member

Nauru
    come on. of course they have tens and tens of sw testers..

this mono thing is just due some (regression) bug that got to the final game image without anybody noticing [​IMG]

got to apply and maybe work for them someday and these things will not happen [​IMG]

15. deufeufeu

Member deufeufeu GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Cote d'Ivoire
    lol the xbox to wii converter is really laughable [​IMG] Make a directx to opengl converter and you'll see what I'm saying...

16. Elrinth

Member Elrinth :Master beyond your imagination:

Sweden
    it's mono! [​IMG]

17. Mr.O

Newcomer Mr.O Member

Germany
    They took the dolby logo off the box, yes ( I just bought the game) BUT they didn't take it off the DISC. So I can still always claim a patch...

Game is great - even with dual mono sound...

18. lagman

Former Staff lagman I wish I was green.

Mexico
    I wonder if they had to pay the Dolby license for every version of the game or just a "general" one.

I'm not sure how that works but it would be hilarious if they payed for the license for this version [​IMG]

19. babelfish

Newcomer babelfish Member

United States
    I feel the same way Hooya. I had bought the US version a fews days after release, even though I already knew it had the mono bug. I figured that they would fix the problem, and then ship out replacement disks -- but we know now that won't happen. I still wasn't too upset though, and decided to just keep the game. The straw that broke the camel's back though was when I played it on my buddies 360, and I noticed the many effects and all around quality that was missing from the Wii version:

1) No stars fly off the neck of the guitar during the lightning strike when you successfully hit a set of star notes
    2) Characters hands don't catch on fire when you have a streak going
    3) When using star powers the character just stands there, while in the 360 version the character does special poses with special effects (Johhny Napalm has anarchy symbols flying out of him while he shoots fire from his guitar, Xavier Stone levitates while peace symbols fly around him, etc.)
    4) The cartoon vids that play between each completed set of songs is in 4:3, and then halfassed stretched to 16:9, making it look like utter shite. The 360 has proper wide screen support.
    5) Shines and other special effects are missing from guitar finishes
    6) There are a few other differences, but those are the major ones that I remember ATM

So I returned it a few days ago and got my money back, on the basis that it said DPLII on the box and didn't deliver. In reality though it was because they rushed the product out the door by doing a quick and dirty port of the PS2 version, which is pretty damn stupid seeing as how the Wii has the largest user base out of the three current gen consoles, and could easily handle these special effects. I refuse to give my money to a company who could care less about their customers, and that is exactly what Activision has proven to me by not even being able to properly QC the game.

Anyways, the point of this long rant is that I too am now lifetime boycotting Activision, and you should to.

20. bouzeu

Newcomer bouzeu Newbie

France
    where can i find a guitar without the game please?