Wii #0369 - WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2008 (USA)

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by shaunj66, Nov 15, 2007.

Nov 15, 2007
  1. shaunj66
    OP

Administrator shaunj66 Administrator

United Kingdom
    ^^wiirelease-0431^^

2. JPH

Banned JPH Banned

United States
    Sorry, couldn't get ludibria to load...connection failure [​IMG] (for the NFO file...)

3. Lumstar

Member Lumstar Princess

United States
    Last year's Xbox 360 version was an underrated marvel. Doesn't sound like this year is doing well...

4. funem

Member funem Retro Powered..

United Kingdom

Last year XBOX 360 game was a pile of poo actually. Not really been a good Wrestling game you want to keep returning to with all the CAW features since the N64 days IMHO.... WWF No Mercy was a real good example of how a wrestling game should be made... [​IMG]

5. Serpent01

Newcomer Serpent01 Advanced Member

United States
    Why does the ps2 version have more features in it, Couldnt they have just port the ps2 version and upgraded the graphics.

6. Lumstar

Member Lumstar Princess

United States
    I dunno. Having my saved data vanish randomly every few days due to that bug, started to annoy me after 4 or 5 years. AFAIK, fixed cartridges exist in PAL but not NTSC.

7. Akuma147

Newcomer Akuma147 Advanced Member

United States
    Wow, this game has been out for a while now and there's not much replies here. I thought WWE games would be more popular. Anyways, this game sucks ass! I've played for around 45 minutes and I can say that the controls are too simplistic, which makes everyone's movesets pretty the same. Wave the Wiimote in any direction and they do a move, do the same thing while holding a button they do another move. When they do the move, it's like watching a short cut scene, and then it kinda pauses to wait for you to do another move. That's pretty gay. In my first match, it lasted around 2 minutes. The opponent did like 5 of the exact same moves on me and took all my energy, and then pinned me after a dropkick. I lost to a freakin' dropkick! Granted, I need to get used to the controls, but I've played every WWE game on the PS2, so I'm no noob at wrestling games, so this game is pathetic. The entrance and loading screens took longer than the actual match.

The only good thing about the game is the graphics. The characters are very smooth, with very little jaggies. Their walking animation, however, looks extremely goofy. Also, some wrestlers body doesn't look proportional, like someone looks to skinny and tall, but have bulging muscles.

Oh, another good thing is that you wave your hand like John Cena with the Wiimote to do the "You can't see me" wave [​IMG]

8. bodean

Newcomer bodean Advanced Member

United States
    Just tried out WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2008
    Got into the game, selected character, went to load a match, and got the message the disc could not be read.

Burned at 8x.

Using TAIYO YUDEN 4.7GB 16X DVD-R
    Wii firmware : 3.1U
    Wiikey update 1.9g

9. puff1983

Newcomer puff1983 Advanced Member

United States
    Seriously, I miss the the old THQ N64 games. I agree with funam, we still play NO MERCY to have hour long matches. I wasn't looking for the best wrestling game but something decent. I'll give these guys a pass because it's the first wrasslin game for the wii but they better get their act together in the future.