Wii #0337 - The Simpsons Game (USA)

laurenz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I understand your point fldash, but I can't blame PAL users for willing to know if it's worth bothering downloading and burning a game that could not run.

Being a PAL user myself, it sometimes is crap to look for over tons of pages just to know if the game is PAL compatible. I think that's why the same questions come back again and again in big topics like the "Super Mario Galaxy" one.

Indeed it it shitty to see so many post just caring about this PAL compatibility, but it's legit from them who cant' (don't want ?) to go through the whole topic.

I just thought on something, why not statuate in the first post if the release works on a PAL Wii when it is confirmed ? Should help all of us, nope ?
QFT.

Bruinbaard

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So much good NTSC releases and not a single PAL
cry.gif

Kruce

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
This is ridiculous. Can we please ban posts asking whether a release works on a different region Wii? They are cumbersome, annoying, and seriously detract from the value in this forums. If someone says, 'This works on PAL/NTSC', fine, but we don't need 90% of the posts in each thread asking if it works or other people saying they'll test it soon. I'd like to actually know about the games instead of reading the same crap over and over and over again.
STFU.

No, YOU shut the fuck up. He is absolutely right, the fucking "PAL???" spammers ruin every release thread on the forums, and all it leads to is people talking about how moronic PAL-gamers are instead of talking about the game. I never waste forumspace by asking "omg PAL??" and still I always know what works on my Wii and what doesn't. It's called reading comprehension.

cheshire_carper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This is ridiculous. Can we please ban posts asking whether a release works on a different region Wii? They are cumbersome, annoying, and seriously detract from the value in this forums. If someone says, 'This works on PAL/NTSC', fine, but we don't need 90% of the posts in each thread asking if it works or other people saying they'll test it soon. I'd like to actually know about the games instead of reading the same crap over and over and over again.
STFU.

No, YOU shut the fuck up. He is absolutely right, the fucking "PAL???" spammers ruin every release thread on the forums, and all it leads to is people talking about how moronic PAL-gamers are instead of talking about the game. I never waste forumspace by asking "omg PAL??" and still I always know what works on my Wii and what doesn't. It's called reading comprehension.

STFU you antiPAL fanboy
nyanya.gif
nyanya.gif
gbasp.gif

bird.gif

adzix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
well if someone posts that it doesnt work on pal how about some further info please?
"doesn't work on pal" is not really getting us anywhere seeing how different chips allow for different games to work (best example SMG)

Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You know what's more annoying than people asking if a game works on a certain region? Is people arguing about asking if a game works on a certain region
happy.gif

Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think we just have to wait it out a little Louse. I;ve been checking ABGWII periodically and nothing. manhunt 2 took a while to get up there last night too.

dsbomb

Trophies
Website
dsbomb.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Not only do tons of people as the same damn question, but when someone answers it, then several people have to ask "are you sure it does/doesn't?" Frankly, it gives the impression that PAL users are lazy bastards. A) They can't try it out for themselves. A download might take a few hours, but they MUST know within 30 seconds of a game being posted here. B) They can't wait 24 hours and check the other posts or Wiki for a final judgment. By then, everything regarding updates, double-channels, bricking, messed up settings is sorted out. C) They can't trust other people's word when they do test it.

And buy a pack of DVD+RWs, dammit. They come in handy for other-region games, Gamcube, and just questionable titles to try out before committing to a write-once media. I haven't found any game that didn't work because it was a rewritable disc. If a different-region game gave a black screen with RW, it would give the same black screen on a DVD+R. Just turn on the verify option in ImgBurn to double-check it. Sometimes it takes a couple tries, but once it successfully burns and verifies, you know it is trustworthy.

And adzix, SMG is not an example of anything. It is a unique situation that is new for Nintendo to try. They try these things from time to time. Perhaps if they made a system that could flag modchips 100% of the time and wasn't hacked around for several months, they'd give it to others.

As far as I've read, every mod chip and region-free utility uses the same method of marking a game. Therefore, there is no difference whether someone runs RegionFrii or turns on their chip's config for region free-ness. So don't ask for verification with everything in that arena.

I'm tired. I'll end for now. If you PALers don't want to seem like crybabies, then, well, put at least some effort into these things...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjK2lPBzGzo