Not open for further replies.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
metroid already worked perfectly fine on native regions. cross-region alone is not enough reason perhaps, but not being able to run a game natively would for people to try.

yeah the problem is that the game was region free but no one could remove the update because the brickblocker was unable to do so (and the fact that if you installed the update on a different region wii you get duplicate channels), so people had to risk destroying their wiis by doing that terrible exploit, the same thing will happen here, people will be contacting the brickblocker programmer to fix this mess and they won't give a dam most likely unless money talks.

This is a long shot, but has anyone tried changing the Wii System date foward to when the game is actually released?

QUOTE(potaco @ Oct 28 2007, 10:50 AM)Setting the date past the release date did nothing.

adzix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
NINTENDO BASTARD!!!!

lol you calling them bastards because you can't download a game everyone should buy.
The bad games yeah they should be pirated but the good games.
Maybe for a test and then just bought.

no because i like only a 360.. the wii is a poor and old hardware..no future for the wii its not a next gen .

dydy, i hope you get run over by a car anytime soon.
just go to another forum then and stop being annoying and pointless, you troll

D

Deleted User

metroid already worked perfectly fine on native regions. cross-region alone is not enough reason perhaps, but not being able to run a game natively would for people to try.

yeah the problem is that the game was region free but no one could remove the update because the brickblocker was unable to do so (and the fact that if you installed the update on a different region wii you get duplicate channels), so people had to risk destroying their wiis by doing that terrible exploit, the same thing will happen here, people will be contacting the brickblocker programmer to fix this mess and they won't give a dam most likely unless money talks.

Excuse me to say this but you are stupid and injuring. Brickblocker programmer has only made his program to help people like him. He has never seen any money and probably won't see any for this program.

Wii discs are layout in encrypted chunks, you can swap the chunks with other disks without knowing how to decrypt them. Brickblocker only replace the update chunk by the chunk of a disc with no updates. This was a quick and dirty hack, so when people have contacted the programmer, he might have tried looking into the problem of METROID PRIME 3 disc, and seeing it was far more difficult to fix, because he probably needed to understand a lot more than basic disc layout, it was not worth it or doable for him.

I know a bit of it, because I've looked myself into fixing this issue.

SirDrake

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

the creator of wiibrickblocker has tried to fix the program to remove the update but has not found out how to yet

I received a lot of mail about my work but I'm sorry, I haven't found yet any solution for the Metroid Prime 3 problem. I'm still working.

from his website http://wbb.rockman18.com/?page=home&ln=en

so at least give him a lil credit

damnyou.gif

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Excuse me to say this but you are stupid and injuring. Brickblocker programmer has only made his program to help people like him. He has never seen any money and probably won't see any for this program.

Wii discs are layout in encrypted chunks, you can swap the chunks with other disks without knowing how to decrypt them. Brickblocker only replace the update chunk by the chunk of a disc with no updates. This was a quick and dirty hack, so when people have contacted the programmer, he might have tried looking into the problem of METROID PRIME 3 disc, and seeing it was far more difficult to fix, because he probably needed to understand a lot more than basic disc layout, it was not worth it or doable for him.

hmm right, so why wasn't there a "quick fix" for metroid prime 3? answer that question then? and don't talk rubbish, i bet if someone wavered money in their faces they will be all over fixing it.

when someone asked him if he could fix the metroid prime problem he answer was

QUOTEsorry no i'm going on "holiday" soon, i won't promise anything but maybe

hmm we are still waiting for that "fix" the only way brickblocker will advance as a program is if someone else takes on the duties in updating it but it only seems he knows how to work this program and it's a shame that's the case.

edit: fair enough then, but he's going to have to catch up fast if games like this are using new protection and stuff like that.

Aoko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jesus Christ, if someone needs to be banned, it's Jalaneme.

It's already established that the person who created brickblocker isn't getting any money out of the entire thing. And not only did you accuse him of being a money-grubbing programmer, but you're complaining that he hasn't come up with a solution yet? Oh, I wonder why he hasn't yet? MAYBE BECAUSE HE'S STILL WORKING ON IT?

Somebody ban this self-righteous specimen of a person now. People like you are the specific reason why homebrew programmers and developers suddenly quit and leave with unfinished work.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Jesus Christ, if someone needs to be banned, it's Jalaneme.

It's already established that the person who created brickblocker isn't getting any money out of the entire thing. And not only did you accuse him of being a money-grubbing programmer, but you're complaining that he hasn't come up with a solution yet? Oh, I wonder why he hasn't yet? MAYBE BECAUSE HE'S STILL WORKING ON IT?

Somebody ban this self-righteous specimen of a person now. People like you are the specific reason why homebrew programmers and developers suddenly quit and leave with unfinished work.

watch you mouth idiot.

shane1972

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Kids calm down please.
If you email and get no responce then so be it dont cry.
Just wait for the retail release and see what happens.
If it needs to be cracked im sure some team will but when who knows.

Cheers Shane

dydy

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
dydy, i hope you get run over by a car anytime soon.
just go to another forum then and stop being annoying and pointless, you troll

[/quote]

Please i demand a BAN for this member "adzix" For insult and comment of death..Its not a forum To speak about this!!!!!

PS: To speak about a game or console hardware is a right but to threaten (treat) is not a right!!

A

alucard_xs

please please please, calm down dudes.
This thread is not a ring, we're all wanting the same thing so please, help instead of fighting.

TaMs

Randomizer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland

hmm right, so why wasn't there a "quick fix" for metroid prime 3? answer that question then? and don't talk rubbish, i bet if someone wavered money in their faces they will be all over fixing it.
Can't you read or what?

Shinoby

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hey kids
rofl2.gif
laugh.gif
, i have an idea maybe
wink.gif

If the disc have an file which should start at first, when you put the disc in, and the file is suposed to check the wiiconsole for an update or anything.. so when we dump a game, we know we dump the hole game. But what is when the retail disc has an file which the LG drive cant dump? then we have a bigger problem... it says it dumps the hole disc, but it doesnt. just 1 file will not be dumped.

These 1 file which is not dumped, is a security code or something else, so if the disc will be recognized from the wii becuase wiikey read it. But in real it couldnt read cause the file 1 isnt on the disc, which is for something (no idea for what), but wiikey think the disc work and start reading. And the disc ask why it can read if file 1 isnt on disc, so it will interrupt and it will says 001 error code...

Correct me if im wrong
smile.gif
lecture.gif
bow.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Yeah agreed