Wii #0330 - Super Mario Galaxy (USA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Is it possible to change the wii language back to dutch when i've used the update from mario galaxy? or will i brick my wii?

ev0lusi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It officially sux to be a PAL gamer, especially for nintendo games. Not only did we get the LONGEST release date for major games, now the only hope of playing interesting games through import modchip has been made more difficult! geez! if nintendo would only release the original games on the same time with the US/Jap release, I honestly would not use any modchip
sleep.gif
oh well..

2cb2ct7

Trophies
XP
Country
Just got thinking... With over 1000 posts, is this the longest running official GBATemp news thread? Longest running GBATemp thread of any kind?

luka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It officially sux to be a PAL gamer, especially for nintendo games. Not only did we get the LONGEST release date for major games, now the only hope of playing interesting games through import modchip has been made more difficult! geez! if nintendo would only release the original games on the same time with the US/Jap release, I honestly would not use any modchip
sleep.gif
oh well..
for mario galaxy is only 6 days the difference not so much

Phange

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The whole "we have to find a way to allow existing WiiKey's to be updated" bit has me a little worried.

MrMojo83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
1031 yay! Posting in epic thread...

Nah but seriously...whats left to say?

Cyclowiz: Congrats install 3.6
d2c: Congrats you are happy for now
Wiikey: Soon soon!
wiifree/ninja/yasom/carrot/apple/banana: Who the feck knows..

Goooo tigers!

edit: damn missed 1031...got 1032
frown.gif

edit2:

Ok lets puzzle the noodle on this
"In order to guarantee stability, we have had to make a fairly major change to the way the code works. While all tests have proven positive, the challenge now is to create a delivery system to allow existing Wiikeys to be updated."

I read it as:

"Since the solution to this dilemma is such a big change in the fundamental way the chip works we had to rewrite certain parts of the code that before handled the import/read and write functions of the eprom. So now we are atm stuck on trying to figure out a new way of doing this. It will be done...just needs some noodle scratching kk plx"

Hitto

MKDS Tournament Winner
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France

bentbob

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi There,

Ive got a wiifree installed in my machine (bends over to be kicked by every1) how hard would it be to install a new mod chip either the cyclowiz or the wiikey?

thanks for taking the time to read this and kick me
smile.gif

The hardest part is already done. Just cut the wires from the socket and solder them onto the new modchip.

Hehe dont give him any ideas now .D We dont know how experienced he is with soldering
wink.gif

And someppl acually did quicksolder wiifrees didnt they?
Ive resolderd quite a few quicksolderd wiikeys and it isnt a job for the inexperienced

Mwahhh Mwahhhhhhhh no ive had experience in soldering the odd chip or two ages ago on the PS2 matrix, etc.... i hated doing that, this chip the 5 wires from the board will go to the chip, and 4 other cables, pretty simple really....

(I will be back after i've bolloxed it up)

The good thing is i never knew this site existed until someone posted it, people here are quite in the know about these things and its great to have another resource to check things out on.

Thanks for the helps guys

kinkyS69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I saw this on wiikey.cn:

[07.10.29] Update on Super Mario Galaxy Issue
In addition to the announcement made earlier today about Super Mario Galaxy, we are pleased to confirm that we have now identified the copy protection method responsible and created a fix.

In order to guarantee stability, we have had to make a fairly major change to the way the code works. While all tests have proven positive, the challenge now is to create a delivery system to allow existing Wiikeys to be updated

Why can't they upload the damn file to rapidshare or something else...
This Wiikeyteam make me nuts!!!
wacko.gif

Shinji1989

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Guys...
Remember when they announced that.. "Wiikey update: ETA 1 week!"

And how many weeks were it until release? 15?
... =/

Rulza

Trophies
XP
Country
I saw this on wiikey.cn:

[07.10.29] Update on Super Mario Galaxy Issue
In addition to the announcement made earlier today about Super Mario Galaxy, we are pleased to confirm that we have now identified the copy protection method responsible and created a fix.

In order to guarantee stability, we have had to make a fairly major change to the way the code works. While all tests have proven positive, the challenge now is to create a delivery system to allow existing Wiikeys to be updated

Why can't they upload the damn file to rapidshare or something else...
This Wiikeyteam make me nuts!!!Â
wacko.gif
Please read the thread, this is being posted all the time >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Gamemaster2022 @ Gamemaster2022: Great titles. I'm about to play some Pokémon Emerald. I need to lvl up