Wii #0289 - Donkey Kong: Barrel Blast (USA)

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by shaunj66, Oct 10, 2007.

Oct 10, 2007
  1. shaunj66
    OP

Administrator shaunj66 Administrator

United Kingdom
    ^^wiirelease-0336^^

2. Lumstar

Member Lumstar Princess

United States
    More? It's ex-PS2, ex-GameCube, ex-PSP, ex-DS, sequels, spinoffs, multiplatform, or some other combination too often.

Where's our the exclusive original IPs?

3. EddyB

Member EddyB GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    Finally, its here, gonna test it on PAL, curious about this game.

4. dydy

Banned dydy Banned

Good release [​IMG] ...But the game work on wii PAL?..thanks for the infos^^

5. King Zargo

Member King Zargo I'm a Star

Netherlands
    Does it work on PAL?
    Does it work on PAL?
    Does it work on PAL?

and

Does it work on PAL?

6. Lumstar

Member Lumstar Princess

United States
    This site has a rather large number of PAL users, relatively speaking when compared to other similar places I sometimes browse.

But... PAL TV sets are so outrageously difficult to obtain in the US, I'll probably never get to own one. [​IMG]

It makes that PAL Mega Drive 2 of mine kinda useless in it's currect state. Maybe it's moddable for NTSC?

7. Kasoz

Newcomer Kasoz Advanced Member

Netherlands
    well i did read somewhere that it doesn't work on PAL, not sure though. Haven't tried it myself yet

8. Jdbye

Suspended Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

Norway
    I'll just jump on the bandwagon... Does it work on PAL? [​IMG]
    I could download it and test myself... but that'd waste my usenet quota if it doesn't work.

9. Lumstar

Member Lumstar Princess

United States
    Anyone care to buy me a Wiikey or something? These games aren't going to do much good on an unmodified Wii...

10. Taka

Newcomer Taka Member

Well since the Jap version didn't work on PAL, I think the chances of the US version working are pretty slim. =/

11. hankchill

Member hankchill I Pwn n00bs.

Canada
    You guys are all pains in the asses, you know [​IMG]

I came to the thread because there were 6 posts... hoping to see something about someone mentioning the gameplay... But no, it's all about "Does it work on PAL?"

I swear, GBAtemp needs to put in a rule about asking if it works for PAL! Seriously, can it just be added into a field in the game info? Have 1 person test, put right on top there if it works for PAL or not, just so the topics don't swarmed with god damn n00bs who won't bite the freaking bullet and try it themselves.

Honestly, this whole PAL shit has gone WAY out of hand, and this is for EVERY game that gets released.

1 person try it, 1 person respond. Everyone else: Shut the f*** up. [​IMG]

[/rant]

[​IMG]

12. berlinka

Member berlinka You have sustained a lethal injury.

Netherlands
    Well, there is just ONE solution isn't there... They just need to release the PAL versions berfore the NTSC versions. Why don't the game companies do that? Just release the PAL version before the other formats, then the GBAtemp users will be satisfied. It's so simple!

13. aesthetics

Newcomer aesthetics Member

Australia
    Hi, My name is aesthetics.

I like long summer days, ice cream and wonder if this works on PAL.

If you find me interesting please respond.

HAHA only joking, ice cream sux, sorbet FTW.

14. jalaneme

Member jalaneme Female Gamer

United Kingdom
    yeah it may be ok for you because it's your own native region, you don't have to worry if it works or not, nor do you have to wait a long time for a game to be released, i always like to know if it works on pal before i waste my ratio, my time and my blank dvds.

15. Lumstar

Member Lumstar Princess

United States
    A huge boatload of GBA and PC games were released in Europe first. Though, since neither of those systems uses PAL as it's primary video output... Compatibility issues are quite rare.

16. Dirtie

Former Staff Dirtie :'D

New Zealand
  17. 111111111

Member 111111111 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Zimbabwe
    It certainly is - 50/60hz switch is incredibly easy to install in a megadrive/md2 (although the md2 is slightly harder) as is the jap/eng language switch.

see HERE. All you need is a length of wire and a couple of switches.

18. berlinka

Member berlinka You have sustained a lethal injury.

Netherlands
    Well, I have to give you that one. I mean there is so much useless drivel going on on this forum that sometimes "Does it work on PAL" is one of the more useful comments. And that is what a forum is for isn't it. Talking about interseting things and helping eachother out.

19. jalaneme

Member jalaneme Female Gamer

United Kingdom
    i don't really use that wiki compatibility list as it's not updated often and anyone can update it so it's not really accurate, i will continue to always ask if it works on pal, nothing is going to get done if you don't ask questions, i wouldn't really calling it whining, again i don't want to waste my ratio, my media, or my time, i won't repeat myself again.

20. hankchill

Member hankchill I Pwn n00bs.

Canada
    I have to agree with you there regarding the Wiki... Doesn't seem to be updated too often.

And I would call it whining, no offense, because honestly, you say you don't want to waste your ratio, media, or time.

I'm guessing Ratio as in BitTorrent Tracker Ratio. 2 solutions: Use a public tracker, or join a Newsgroup Server. I did the latter, and have no regrets. It's much, much faster than BT and involves no ratio crap. Just download from the usenet server and have fun.

Secondly, blank DVD's are like 30 cents a piece, and mostly now bought in spindles of 100. If you can't spare one, then I can't help you there.

And finally, it's not wasting your time. You download it and walk away. You can do other things too. You don't need to watch it download. That would be wasting your time. If taking 10 minutes to decompress the RAR and burn the disc is wasting time, then you've got the tightest schedule I've seen. Besides, you're stealing the game anyways, why are you complaining? I wouldn't complain over a game I can get for free, regardless of whether or not it is my native region. If it doesn't work, then it doesn't work. Big deal, 1 more coaster.