Ryankn

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
The player movement isn't fluid. And the motion control works like crap. I'll have Mario Strikers any day..even though it's a completely different game. Oh, and it's competely in Dutch on my Wii, including the commentary.

aligborat69

Trophies
XP
Country
I love this game, graphically its a massive step up from FIFA07 on gamecube, sharp players and they look real.

With regards to the top down view shown in all screenshots, dont worry, you can play the traditional sideline cam and telecams with lots of zoom and angle options, im playing it telecam like i did with FIFA07 and love it, solid controls, they take getting used to, but can tell will be worth it.

My opinion is i love it and supposed to be sleeping and im about to play one more game and its 3.43am!

soapstar

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I love this game, graphically its a massive step up from FIFA07 on gamecube, sharp players and they look real.

With regards to the top down view shown in all screenshots, dont worry, you can play the traditional sideline cam and telecams with lots of zoom and angle options, im playing it telecam like i did with FIFA07 and love it, solid controls, they take getting used to, but can tell will be worth it.

My opinion is i love it and supposed to be sleeping and im about to play one more game and its 3.43am!

Thanks for the mini review!!!

So the controlls are pretty ok you say...
I've been playing soccer games for a long time know (I love PES)
I really hope the controlls don't mess up this game.

Can you use the old gamecube controller with this game ??

Gonna give it a try tonight..

Davy32

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yeah.......
smile.gif

Could somebody confirm if you can play with the classic controller or with the gamecube controller!

aligborat69

Trophies
XP
Country
No Update on the Disk, its usually Nintendo games which have an update, with the exception of Boogie, which was for the microfone.

I forgot to try Gamecube or Classic pads, but from the menu's, not sure if it supports them.

The controlls will take some getting used to, but i like it, scored some lovely goals, and i set it on semi-pro from the begining and will work my way up to world class, but so far the CPU is challenging, passing is smooth, it plays the way i wanted it to and im so thankful that it includes different angles, all the previews showed sensible soccer type top to bottom and i thought they may have made it too different for Wii, but you can play it like you would the older FIFAs and graphically it shows the Wii is way ahead of the Gamecube, i thought that FIFA07 on GC was lovely looking, but 08 on Wii is scripser, nicer animations when you get close to the players you can see alot of detail and the stadiums look lovely too, no slowdown at all.

Kruce

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The whole sport is a bit pants if you ask me.

But no one is asking you. Thanks for the minireviews, to be honest, if it is anything good (think 70%ish review) it's definitally a keeper simply for the fact that you can play football with your mates on the Wii; it gives a nice answer to the "ok WiiSports is fun, now what do we do?" question. I still hope that the whole motion control thing isn't just taked on and really, they should let you play with a classic controller as well.

Taka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, there's no option to play with either the Classic or GC controller, unfortunately. I played it briefly yesterday and I agree that the controls do take time to get used to, but otherwise, it's a pretty solid game. I haven't tried out the online mode yet.

Nipi

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Played my first games, and I can't make a judgement yet. It's incredibly different in comparison to Fifa07 on the Xbox, that I used to play before 08 came out. I hate the Dutch commentary, but I think i'll put that off very soon.

aligborat69

Trophies
XP
Country
Yep all previous camera angles are available. Im using Telecam with full zoom, its excellent. I dont know why all previews ever showed the "new" angle.

Marxian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've just read the review on IGN. It seems that the online matches are against AI only. No human opponents. Can anyone confirm this?

lagman

I wish I was green.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico

soapstar

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've just read the review on IGN. It seems that the online matches are against  AI only. No human opponents. Can anyone confirm this?

The AI thing is only with EA Sports Interactive League.

And apparently that's the only choice available in the Wii, that really sucks.
Well, they reviewed with 7.9 which it's not that bad. I'll try the American version.
happy.gif

Haven't tried online yet, didn't take the time to make an EA account.
Will do it this weekend to try it out!!
But as far as I could see therre are 2 options:

Online play and EA Sports Interactive League

It really would suck if you can't play against other people.

If somebody already tested the online options, please review
smile.gif

Played the game last night, and I think:

The single player part of the game is good.
The graphics are good
Controls are good (should have left an option to choose between Wiimote an dclassic/gamecube controller)
Minigames.... mwaahh... not super (played some table football and keep the ball high)

Again: If somebody already tested the online options, please review
smile.gif

Thanks

Nipi

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Besides the interactive competition, there's the option Play Now. This is against other online players. It keeps hold of your statistics and does play nice.
Played one game so far. Allthough it was a little bit laggy, it did played ok.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end