Wii #0255 - Sengoku Musou Katana (Japan)

lotto996

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
KATANA SLICE! This looks promising... based on the boxart...
smile.gif

HeatMan Advance

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, after seeing those screens, I now see that this is that game from Koei.

The same one they showed when the Wii was first annonced. It's a first person Dynasty Warriors like game.

It's sort of on rails and it looked pretty simple. It was all hack, hack, hack. Then there were some parts were you had to run past wall spikes.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/23221.html

dry.gif

I don't own a Wii and this is helping me to get one anytime soon. I'll be waiting for Smash Bros. and a black Wii.

ryuujin2788

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Japanese reviews aren't really mixed.

If you read them, the people who say they like it claim to be a fan of the game series (not that I know anything about that series, but that's what they said). And many say that even though they are fans, they find that this one lacks, especially when compared to the previous game called... something I forgot and don't feel like re-reading.

Slave

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Looks good to me!

Good reviews... bad reviews... it's still free to download to Try it and then base your own opinion of the game based on your tastes.

:-)

So... Works on NTSC-U?? :-)

Thanks!

mooyah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Working on a US console. Doesn't look like it supports widescreen.. unless you need to dig around the options first. Its closer to Time Crisis than DQ: Swords with it being on automatic rails with waves of bad guys coming at you. The sword slashing is less complex but works alright for an arcadey game. Nothing special overall, plus it looks like a generic PS2 game.

ChowMein

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just once in a Dynasty Warriors-like game, I would like to see the enemy soldiers not rush to the player one-by-one. I find it highly unlikely that in real life, enemies would be so kind as to not shoot arrows at you from far away but instead, wait for you to spot them and simultaneously shoot at chest (and hence, blocking) level. As well, in Dynasty Warriors, enemies never attack you from behind - for in Japan, clearly *everyone* must pay due respects to the way of the Bushido!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans