Wii #0246 - Tiger Woods PGA Tour 08 (USA)

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by shaunj66, Sep 3, 2007.

Sep 3, 2007
  1. shaunj66
    OP

Administrator shaunj66 Administrator

United Kingdom
    ^^wiirelease-0290^^

2. theman69

Member theman69 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    o werd imma try this one

3. Hooya

Member Hooya GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    An improvement over the last Tiger Woods Wii game?

4. Tripp

Member Tripp GBAtemp Regular

United States
    God I hope so... [​IMG]

5. soapstar

Newcomer soapstar Advanced Member

Netherlands
    It is !!
    I've played the europian release for about 2 weeks know and I love it.
    The Tiger challenge is super!!

6. Bruinbaard

Member Bruinbaard GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    man why are there coming so much sports 08 thingies. Where just about past half 07?!

7. EarthBound

Member EarthBound a/s/l?

United States

MONEY MONEY MONEY

8. Tripp

Member Tripp GBAtemp Regular

United States
    But is this better than Super Swing Golf (USA) or Pangya! Golf with Style (Europe) which I loved but, that may be a matter of personal taste... I mean I know they are differant but anyone who used to feel as me switching??? Not that I won't grab it anyway I was just wondering... [​IMG]

9. Foxstar

Member Foxstar GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Can someone explain to me how to bloody to a draw and fade shot. I have tried for about 30 minutes now to find a technique that is consistent. The tutorial is crap and doesn't explain anything. I finally decided the best way was to hold the remote the way i wanted to fade or draw (as in twist it right or left) before i hold down B and make my swing. This still only results in a 70% chance that the shot will be the way i want it to. I have tried twisting my remote before, during and after the swing and it is never consistent.

When changing the aiming of the shot the cursor is impossible to control properly and decide where you want to shoot. Even once you have lined the shot up fine, trying to swing so it gets the right power is almost impossible unless it is around the 100%. For example the last hole i played my club was way to powerfull by about 50% but the club below was a fair bit too short. I moved the cursor over the flag, but that doesn't do anything, I still had to hit the ball at about 50% power, which if you play this game, will understand that it is almost impossible. I hope that maybe it is just something i am doing wrong and not the actual game.

It's a shame, i played 07 with my friends the other day, and found it fun. So i got 08 expecting better controls etc however i am very dissapointed. I guess i just need to give it some more time, but there are soo many annoyances that really should have been fixed for the game.

I also dislike the fact that when you hold down A to see where your shot is going to go it takes a good few seconds for the camera to actually zoom to it. Why can't i just instantly see where my shot is goiong without having to see a 3 second fly by of the course!!

OK, i feel better now. I just really want a decent golf game for the Wii. However i am sure that all my quirks with the game are just personnal opinion and preference.

I will give it another Whack tonight and if i still have problems with the controls i will be back on here complaining again [​IMG] .

10. JustinTense

Newcomer JustinTense Member

Australia
    This game actually swings pretty true. I play competitive golf (not pro or anything! My handicaps 8) and I havn't been able to play the last 2 weeks due to mother nature deciding to open up the heavens every day I have a god dam RDO.

But still Tiger Woods manages to fill the void pretty nicely! Control wise I find hitting the ball consistantly straight seems to feel so natural and nicely responsive. Like someone above mentioned I seem to have difficulty drawing or fading shots as I usually would. But i think its because the Wii requires wrist like movements to control the fade and draw wheras normally I never am used to doing that as my swing is always identicle, but its my stance that changes for me to factor in draw or fade. This is a movement I don't think the Wii will ever be able to replicate.

11. soapstar

Newcomer soapstar Advanced Member

Netherlands
    I don't know if it plays better then Pangya, I never really got into that game.
    But I know Tiger '08 is great [​IMG]

The swinging is a bit different (better!!) then '07
    It's a little bit getting used to, but it really is better.

12. audyo

Newcomer audyo Newbie

United States
    This version looks to be a pal copy. Mine started with meters, and the bottom of the screen cuts off. Forgive me if I am wrong but nuke this, and somebody please do a proper.

edit...
    wiibrickblocker shows this iso as
    Code region: P (Pal/Europe)

13. Hooya

United States
    I'll double check the release when I finally get the thing downloaded, just to verify your nuke request.

14. sekhu

Member sekhu moo?

United Kingdom
    i'm reading it's a nuke on a couple of other sites, pal patched to usa

15. Ninjaserver

Newcomer Ninjaserver Newbie

United States
    VORTEX has released what looks to be a proper Ntsc version. Can this be verified by anyone?

16. deathofme

Newcomer deathofme Newbie

United States
    I need to see it first

17. Hooya

United States
    I think the Vortex release is 07. I can't find any record of an 08 anywhere.

18. deathofme

Newcomer deathofme Newbie

United States
    That is what I thought. Why is it taking so long for this to be released?

19. shadow1w2

Member shadow1w2 Still here.

United States
    Pangya, after playing that I cant go back to wiisports golf.
    The game is hard and the items are expensive like an annoying korean MMO that wants you to pay for items with real cash than earn them. Though not too immpossible.
    The AI always keeps a close game and as you go forward, going back to older AI youve beat feels all too easy showing you actualy gained some skill.
    Though sometimes it feels like a hit or miss cuase its all too tight at times and then you get lucky and they OB like mad.

Thing I like about Pangya (well its super swing golf, but Pangya is easier and less stupid in my opion. Besides seemign a bit too un golf like.)
    is that to make a shot you have to raise the wiimote till you get to your desired shot strength, then hold A to lock it and swing keeping your wiimote as straight as possible for a Pangya shot as they call it.
    This way its easier to plan your shots and swinging is more about how straight you swing and where you hold the wiimote up to to start said swing. Rather than trying to swing with the right amount of force, as the wiimote always seems to be a bit too sensitive at times or not sensitive enough.

From what I hear about the Tiger Wii games is that the swing just replaces the confirm button to confirm the swing and had no real impact in the game.

Would be nice to see that fixed where you swing and it all acts accordingly, but I really dont trust EA would figure that out before trying to make a quick buck as fast as possible.

Id ave to try the game first, but with every game just changing a year in the name, well, Im just gonna regret it if I paid for it and 09 came out with an actual working system.
    Better to just ignore the companies sports games in my opion.

Though sport wise Im into Baseball 2020 arcade game and all those wacky future themed sports games with robots and what not.
    I dunno, boring basic sports is better in real life than in a simulator.
    Id rather play in an unrealistic setting with new things around everyturn. Even if the whole darn thing screams cute and everyone looks at you funny for it.

I mean come on, who doesnt wanna play golf on a course made ontop of working battleships shooting their cannons off whlile you play and the entire navy has all their helicopters and jets out just so they can get a good few of the game, just cuase they really fecking love golf.
    Thats just awsome.
    Its also fun to play just to hit the helicopters and piss em off xD Though I dont think they really do anything besides watch and get int the way.

Id give the game a try, but until EA stops trying to sell games off a single number change alone then Im not gonna trust that theyed get their cards out of the paper shredder well enough.

Quote from old DOS golf game: "I think you hit the tree Jim."

20. dsbomb

Member dsbomb GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Yup, syn comes through with a fake release, though I'm sure it's close enough to play on US consoles...