1. Hitto

Hitto MKDS Tournament Winner

France
    Soooo... who actually played it?
    C'mon guys, that's what your chipped wiis are for, remember when the fucking reviews tried to turn us away from the Excite Truck?
    Remember how the Excite Truck proved every gamerag tester wrong because they're corrupt pieces of shit?

C'mon guys, piracy is first and foremost the ONLY game testing procedure I trust! (and I haven't chipped my wii yet...)

2. apignarb

apignarb Member
    Newcomer

Norway
    Patched as in changing the region with something like regionfrii? The wiikey does that itself.
    Patched as in removing the update? There is no update.

3. OrR

OrR Rice-megatron Expert

Gambia, The
    Well, the cover looks awesome.

Edit: The trailer makes it look better than Zelda!

4. jalaneme

jalaneme Female Gamer

i was playing it 45 minutes ago then lost interest, i'm waiting for the new heavenly sword demo for the ps3 right now and was taking some pictures too so that took most of my time lol.

5. Vater Unser

Vater Unser GBAtemp Addict

Gambia, The
    you know, the Wiikey is not the only Wii modchip in existence [​IMG]

6. sekhu

sekhu moo?

Yes it DOES do on the fly patching, that's one of the reasons people chose a Wiikey over something like the Wiinja. If your wiikey doesn't run games without patching you have a dodgy wiikey install and need to fix it. THe Regionfrii patching of isos is required for the Wiinja v1 and 2, and a few other mod chips that don't support on the fly region patching. I've yet to patch a wii game to run it with my wiikey, and that's the experience of the vast majority. The ones you talk of sound like bad installs

7. jalaneme

jalaneme Female Gamer

well before i got the wiikey there was no mention of any auto patching at all, when i was finding information about the wiikey from the info i found they were all saying i had to patch the isos to my native region before i burn the game, and there is no need to bite my head off and presume that i have a clone, it's just a misunderstanding on my part, i just didn't know it, the next time i get a game thats is not from my region i know NOT to patch it anymore, but i will still be removing the updates from the isos.

also i have never used the setup disc, so i have no idea if the region override setting is on or off, i've heard that putting it on causes a lot of problems with games loading e.t.c does the region override setting need to be on for the auto patching to work?

edit: the region override feature seems to not work properly anyway
    http://digital-forums.com/showthread.php?t=304790

some people are saying it works, and some are saying it's not
    http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=65205

imo i would just rather stick to just patching (it don't take that long), at least that way i won't be wasting dvd media if the auto patching don't work properly meaning i have to re rip the iso, patch and burn it again, on top of that i would presume that when i boot NTSC games when region override is enabled it will force the screen into pal leaving huge big borders, this already happens with gamecube games (so i have to use a freeloader) and i don't want that problem with Wii games either.

8. SpaceJump

SpaceJump GBAtemp Psycho!

Germany
    If you never used the setup disc, then your region auto patching is turned off. You have to use it at least once to turn it on. Then there's no need to manually patch the isos. Trust us [​IMG]

9. gamermole

gamermole Banned
    Banned

im going to be honest im gonna try this out. screw reviews theres been a few games scored low that i like. and from the videos it doesnt look all that bad. besides the only horror games on wii are resi 4 and ive already completed that on cube

10. blahblahblah122

Newcomer

United States
    For any game that gets from 0-5, and 9.5-10, those are usually ratings you can trust from any semi-reliable source. I'm pretty sure this game is crap. Not even in the mediocre sort of way.

11. gamermole

gamermole Banned
    Banned

you may be right just watched a few more vids and it seems the same all the eay through. [​IMG]

12. Hero-Link

Hero-Link Hero of Derrr

Portugal
    I really hate the name they gave the game stateside... argh... plus i was really anxious for this game. Gotta give it a try!

13. clark2k

clark2k GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    When I readed first time I thought I was to put on my hand on something like a follow to Monkey Island [​IMG]

14. aligborat69

aligborat69 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Does anyone have a nice DVD cover for this? If not, any high res artwork so i can make one and paste it here? Thanks!

15. ugly_rose

ugly_rose GBAtemp Advanced Fan

16. Disco

Disco GBAtemp Fan

Croatia
    I played this on my PAL wii and this is by far the worst wii game!! Even worse than far cry!!

17. Bruinbaard

Bruinbaard GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    Dam the trailer looks really much like RE4 but then with bugs. SO.. am i right?

18. 3DPiper

3DPiper GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I'm usually very forgiving of games and loathe seeing everyone here bash titles, but in fact this game is pretty bad. I just beat the first half (you have to go through the whole thing twice) and probably won't bother finishing it. I think it got an 'M' because there are some dogs with human head/faces you have to kill, plus lizzard women and gorillas.

-Matthew

19. Raze1988

Raze1988 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Australia
    This game was shown in an early trailer for the Wii. Before it even came out in Europe.

I knew this game will suck since i watched the trailer.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Island, Escape, #0224