Wii #0198 - The BIGS (USA)

Digeman

Trophies
XP
Country
The sequel will be called, The Smalls

No the sequel will be called...sb..uh...b..hmm...bills! AHA!..hah..aha..ha......Tried to get into the spotlight of witty comments...I failed
sleep.gif

MC DUI

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Better swinging action than Wii Sports Baseball?

According to the IGN review it's not perfect -

IGNWhen on the field, The Bigs is a mix of Wii done right, and corner-cutting "port-idge." The batting system itself acts as a perfect cross-section of the game, as it's interesting on one hand, and somewhat shallow on the other. Before a pitch, players can move the Wii remote from side to side or in circles, and their player will move the bat accordingly. It isn't quite a 1:1 movement (in the sense that it moves with every little motion), but it does a great job of tracking general motion, and it's a nice touch to the pre-pitch preliminary time. When it comes to actually swinging though, it's as simple as flicking the Wii remote to initiate an otherwise button-press action. Not too involving. In fact, swing lag - something you've heard plenty about if you've been reading our hands-on impressions - is still apparent in the final version, forcing players to swing about a half second early in order to compensate for slow motion recognition. It works, but it'll take a few innings to get used to, and it's not exactly intuitive.

http://au.wii.ign.com/articles/799/799318p1.html

Got a score of 7.0

Some of the soundtrack sounds pretty good though!

aligborat69

Trophies
XP
Country
Does anyone have a nice dvd cover for this? I would make one but cant find any decent images of the logo, high res artwork or anything!

Thanks

sdoc96

Creaky Old Stiff Member
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Just to add to the above post, this works fine on my PAL Wii with Wiinja V2, patched with RegionFrii, no funny updates needed with 2.2E.
happy.gif

aligborat69

Trophies
XP
Country
For some reason there are no PAR's for this, has anyone else had trouble unpacking it? I rarely need to repair stuff, but this and Ratatouille have bad rars!

chewy!

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
For some reason there are no PAR's for this, has anyone else had trouble unpacking it? I rarely need to repair stuff, but this and Ratatouille have bad rars!

I had no need for the PAR2's with either of these two titles....which is surprising. That said, I have been looking forward to The Bigs for quite sometime. I'm a big fan of the game so it's nice to have a baseball title on the wii. Haven't tested it yet, but if it's anything better than that crap MLB2K7 for the DS (a sharp stick in the eye would have been better than that fodder), I'll be pleased.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu