Wii #0186 - Scarface: The World Is Yours (USA)

ndsbob

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Which is better, this or Godfather?

imo this one is better. both aren't as good as gta. ;-)
i was surprised when i got it for my old xbox - no hype about it, but pretty good.
only worse i could say is that you have to do some things too often and its (imo) boring driving with the ships.

overall: good one till waiting for the new gta. (didn't play the wii scarface yet)

kargath254

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm actually really enjoying this game. I've always been a fan of GTA, and while this is clearly inspired from it, it is still different enough to be a unique gaming experience. I definitely recommend checking this game out.

jhoff80

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So I tried this out for a few minutes, and as of right now, I'm thinking Godfather is much better. The cars feel like they're constantly on ice in this, the way they slide around, the steering is nowhere near tight enough. The biggest problem with this game though, is that the map sucks. As IGN said in the review, the layout is horrible.

WarmWoollySheep

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Godfather > Scarface.

One example:

To intimidate people in Scarface, you press "A" and try to get a high mark on the power meter. Yawn.

To intimidate people in Godfather, you swing your wiimote to punch them. You flick the wiimote + nunchuck up to pick the person up, your shake your remotes to strangle them, you swing to the left to knock their head on a table, and so on.

Here's my breakdown:

Graphics: Scarface
Driving: Scarface
Shooting controls: Scarface
Gameplay: Godfather
Violence: Godfather

Violence-wise, Scarface is watered down. You can't kill civilians, even if you hit them with your car!

Godfather makes you feel like you're in the world. Scarface makes you feel like you're in a scripted movie.

shadowboy

:D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Godfather > Scarface.

One example:

To intimidate people in Scarface, you press "A" and try to get a high mark on the power meter. Yawn.

To intimidate people in Godfather, you swing your wiimote to punch them. You flick the wiimote + nunchuck up to pick the person up, your shake your remotes to strangle them, you swing to the left to knock their head on a table, and so on.

Here's my breakdown:

Graphics:Â Scarface
Driving: Scarface
Shooting controls: Scarface
Gameplay: Godfather
Violence: Godfather

Violence-wise, Scarface is watered down. You can't kill civilians, even if you hit them with your car!

Godfather makes you feel like you're in the world. Scarface makes you feel like you're in a scripted movie.
Run over them back and forth about 5 times, they die.
And you can too kill people, switch to the driver character.

WarmWoollySheep

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No stuttering for me. Are you using an older Cyclowiz? If you can change your modchip's spin speed, like on the Wiikey, try that.

Anyway, my opinion on the game hasn't changed much. I like my GTA-style games to have freedom, and this game is too linear. Mission after mission after mission, and they're all the same thing of 10,000 dudes popping up from thin air to kill you.

Godfather is still my favorite GTA game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended