Wii #0158 F-Zero X (USA): fake?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Lumstar, Dec 10, 2008.

Dec 10, 2008

Wii #0158 F-Zero X (USA): fake? by Lumstar at 3:38 AM (1,651 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. Lumstar
    OP

Member Lumstar Princess

United States
    Not sure if I'm in the right section, and my previous mention of it wasn't clear. But I'd like to ask for a big favor.

I suspect F-Zero_X_N64_VC_USA_Wii-NumbNutz, is fake. May someone please confirm?

Look at the number of blocks the NFO says it takes. Way larger than the real shop channel download.

As you can see here, 287 is the size of Sin & Punishment. A channel of F-Zero X should be 156.

This fits exactly with my testing. The F-Zero X wad I found online was playable. Yet had the operations manual, and number of blocks used, from Sin & Punishment.

2. Hkari

Member Hkari GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Someone just injected it into another N64 wad, probably for testing or before F-Zero X came out. Just download the correct version.

3. Lumstar
    OP

Member Lumstar Princess

United States
    What correct version? I'm not aware of the existence of a clean dump. More info, OK?

4. Lumstar
    OP

Member Lumstar Princess

United States
    Shouldn't it be nuked if it turns out to really be injected? I thought scene rules don't allow that.

5. RadioShadow

Member RadioShadow GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    F-Zero X [USA - VC - Wii]-snip-

Try hunting for that in google.

6. vettacossx

Member vettacossx Wii Theme Team Founder

Ireland
    but numbnutz does do good uploads (in regard to the size that can be a number of things from the tools used to create it to if it is a REAL f-zero X (dumped from a VC like numbnutz is) or if it is INJECTED with autoinjectuwad into sin and punishment which would result in a size difference..I have mine wad with that exact name installed [​IMG] so yup thats a goodone (you can tell on torrent as i suspect thats where you would find that one) by how many seeds it has and -snip- is a VERY good site as is -snip- and -snip- for that matter [​IMG] -snip- is worth sharing with as well...remember to share/seed and hit the thanx buttons [​IMG]

another tip for torrent users remember to check the name of the "tracker" if it is from a reputable site like say -snip- you have nothing to worry about but others can be a mistake based on a known "bad tracker"

7. Lumstar
    OP

Member Lumstar Princess

United States
    Downloading now. I'll let you know what happens.

Update: w00t! GBAtemp really is the best! Thanks!!! [​IMG]