WifiMe on DSLite?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by SkuiD87, Jun 21, 2006.

1. SkuiD87
    OP

SkuiD87 GBAtemp Regular

Jul 9, 2005
    London, UK
    Need some help...

Im gonna go pick up my pre-ordered Black DSLite on Friday. I was looking forward to flashing it the same day I got it. Was gonna flash it the same way I did my original DS, via WifiMe.

But now I've heard that WifiMe does not work for DSLite! :'(

Can anyone confirm this?

Ive read that there is a new version of WifiMe that DOES semi-work on new DS's, but I don't know about Lite compatibility. It doesn't run all homebrew/roms, but apparently, it's sufficient to run FlashMe. Anyone have more details on this? It was somewhere on GBADev.

Someone please help me out with this. I have compatible hardware for WifiMe, I've even used it to flash 2 DS's (original).
    If this doesn't work, I'll have to find someone in London with a Passme/Passcard that I can borrow to flash my DS!!!

2. TheStump

TheStump Got Wood?

May 8, 2006
    Well i could NOT get WiFiMe to work with DSLite, but if someone states otherwise good luck.

3. SkuiD87
    OP

SkuiD87 GBAtemp Regular

Jul 9, 2005
    London, UK
    Did you use the older original WifiMe software or the new one?

4. pelago

pelago Member

Feb 20, 2006
    I'm certain that WifiMe doesn't work with DS Lite, or recent DSes.

5. XxMxVxPxX

XxMxVxPxX GBAtemp Regular

May 12, 2006
    United States
    the what is skuiD87 talking about? im gunna do a search for it just to double check

Edit:
    what "new" flashme? can you post a link

6. gtsample

gtsample Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 3, 2006
    WifiMe is an old way to get a DS to run unsigned code in the GBA slot by downloading the loader app from a PC using a specific wifi adapter and modified driver. The WifiMe exploit was patched in the same Nintendo firmware that prevents the original PassMe from working.