Gaming Wifi with downloaded games...

tker333

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I am thinking of purchasing a supercard + superkey but i need to clarify some things first.

Firstly, the main reason i bought the ds lite was to play with other people all around the world using my house's wifi connectivity. If i purchase the supercard + superkey and use downloaded roms off the internet (e.g metriod and mario kart), will i still be able to play with people around the world using wifi? If they are using legit games, will i still be able to play with them? Ive read on several forums that if u want to play with your friend beside u, he must have a flashed ds in order for both people to play wirelessly, however, now im enquiring on using wifi to play globally and i dont care about playing with friends nearby.

Secondly, i only want to play DS games on my DSL so is it wise to get a supercard mini sd because i heard that m3 is faster and supercard have slowdowns in some games. I am planning to buy an ATP 150X 1gb mini sd card and want to know if this cures the slowdowns in games when using the supercard. On a side note, how many games can a 1gb mini sd card hold?

I hope you guys can answer my queries so that i can make my decision soon.

tker333

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I am thinking of purchasing a supercard + superkey but i need to clarify some things first.

Firstly, the main reason i bought the ds lite was to play with other people all around the world using my house's wifi connectivity. If i purchase the supercard + superkey and use downloaded roms off the internet (e.g metriod and mario kart), will i still be able to play with people around the world using wifi? If they are using legit games, will i still be able to play with them? Ive read on several forums that if u want to play with your friend beside u, he must have a flashed ds in order for both people to play wirelessly, however, now im enquiring on using wifi to play globally and i dont care about playing with friends nearby.

Secondly, i only want to play DS games on my DSL so is it wise to get a supercard mini sd because i heard that m3 is faster and supercard have slowdowns in some games. I am planning to buy an ATP 150X 1gb mini sd card and want to know if this cures the slowdowns in games when using the supercard. On a side note, how many games can a 1gb mini sd card hold?

I hope you guys can answer my queries so that i can make my decision soon.

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
First of all, you had a reply in your other topic BEFORE you even made this one. Second of all, do not make a BRAND NEW TOPIC 2 days after the last one, which of course contains the exact same post. Use the search tool, it is there for a reason.

nintendofreak

Around. Shoot me a PM.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1st question:
actually its more of a hoax that "you have to have both ds'es flashed to play multiplayer wifi" Most of the people who say this are people who have never tried it, but just hear others saying its that way. (damn rumors) but NO. Both ds'es do not need to be flashed to play multiplayer wireless. ( the only game I have had problems with is NSMB where I cant send it to others, but i can connect to others who have the game) I always play tetris, and send it to unflashed DS"es which is why im saying that BOTH DS"ES DONT NEED TO BE FLASHED! You can play online in wifi mode against other people even if your running it off of a cart. (i do it all the time
tongue.gif
)

2nd question:
I have never seen slowdown on a ds game. Both the supercard and M3 have about 100% ds compatability, so there are no worries
smile.gif

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
1) This has been answered countless times before. Use the Search feature.
2) Why was there need for a duplicate topic of the same question which was already answered?

TOPICS MERGED
SECOND POST TRASHED

zalman

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
1st question:
actually its more of a hoax that "you have to have both ds'es flashed to play multiplayer wifi" Most of the people who say this are people who have never tried it, but just hear others saying its that way. (damn rumors) but NO. Both ds'es do not need to be flashed to play multiplayer wireless. ( the only game I have had problems with is NSMB where I cant send it to others, but i can connect to others who have the game) I always play tetris, and send it to unflashed DS"es which is why im saying that BOTH DS"ES DONT NEED TO BE FLASHED! You can play online in wifi mode against other people even if your running it off of a cart. (i do it all the time
tongue.gif
)
So is there a list of which carts feature the RSA encryption and thus cannot be downloaded to unflashed DSes and which games don't?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Many such cases.