Hacking wifi R4i Revolution Upgrade V1.4.1

Shandyerlock

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi

Both my sons had DSi XL on V 1.4.3E. Both also had the R4i Upgrade Revolution card V1.4.1. I managed to upgrade both cards using a friend's DSi. Recently had to replace one DSi XL and the card no longer works.

Tried the previous fix with friend's DSi again but it doesn't show me the Start button when I try and upgrade the R4i to the latest version (1.48b I believe).

Have also tried on an a different DSi to no avail.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers all

Andy

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm assuming it doesn't show the "start" button because the firmware is already updated. When you put the flash card in the "new" DSi XL you do see the icon of the flash card correct? Does the flash card in general work but you are having problems updating to 1.48b? By the way what is the website on the bottom of the front sticker of your card, is it www.r4i-sdhc.com, like I'm thinking?

Shandyerlock

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for your replies guys.

@Jimmyemunoz
Both cards were on the same firmware level but since getting the new DSi XL, the card shows as Alex Rider Stormbreaker. The "Good" R4i card plays fine on both the older XL and the new one. Also, the good one gives the "MIami Nights" gamecard logo. The "Bad" one gives the Black screen with the white text "An error has occurred" message.
I've attempted to use 1.43b as this is the firmware version on the working R4i but still doesn't give me the option to upgrade.

@Buleste and @Jimmyemunoz
It is www.r4i-sdhc.com and that is where I've been getting the system files from. I always keep these files and as said above, even resorted to trying V1.43b as that is ok on the working R4i, alas to no avail!

Thinking might need to invest £20 in a new one :-(

Again,
Thanks for your responses

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, Ive heard people couldn't update with some of the newer update files but 1.42 was the one that fixed the problem. I would try that if I was you. And that card can be bought for $7.50 at lightake.com, by the way.

Buleste

Old Fart
Trophies
Website
www.redbubble.com
XP
Country
Have you tried the "bad cart in a DS/DSlite and gone to the settings menu and tried the firmware update (you can download the kernel from the www.r4i-sdhc.com website but the firmware update has to be done via the DS's Wi-Fi and the settings menu. The full instructions of what to do are on the www.r4i-sdhc.com website). I suspect when you have tried 1.43 you are on about the kernel 1.43b which will do nothing to update your flashcart to work on the DSi firmware 1.4.3. Don't waste money on buying a new cart until you have tried what I have just said.

Shandyerlock

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for your time again Guys.
I have already done what you're suggesting. The 1.42b link posted gives exactly the same result. I am trying to do the firmware update in a DS Lite but as soon as I click on Upgrade, the only button that appears is "Back". I have also tried this in a DSi with the same result.
@Buleste
Can you tell me the exact link for the full instructions? If it's the one where it shows a screenshot showing how to upgrade the firmware, it's no use as it is the one I have been referring to the whole time.

Maybe time to change to a cart that allows you to upgrade via a mini USB cable with the PC..........

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Batman joined the Trans Justice League
    +2
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    based af
    +2
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Forget the base, get on the roof.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Is that a bat in your buckle or are you just happy to have me
    Wonder "Woman" lol you wonder if they are a woman?
    The Riddler has questions...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Played a little of snow day glad I didn't spend $30
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's asthetic is okay maybe a good $10 grab
    Lol is it a game about doing cocaine?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably in pvp
    I tried Balders Gate II on the PS2 a few minutes ago, not bad lol
    My back catalog of games is like that scene at the end of Indiana Jones where the arc of the covenant is being stored in a giant ass warehouse
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    At least I can will my game catalog to family members
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's your problem now bitches
    Put it in your will that in order to receive any money they have to beat certain games, hard games and super shitty games...
    Say 20 bucks per Ninja Gaiden on the NES lol 60 bucks for all 3
    People you like "Beat level 1 of Ms Pacman" lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hello kitty ds is required
    +1
    Beat Celebrity Death Match on the PS1 omg tried it earlier today .... Absolutely trash
    Like -37 out of 10
    One of the worst games I have ever played
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make them rank up every cod game out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    "Now I know why he took his own life"
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"