Hardware Wifi quit after Virginizing Wii?

Selim873

Nunnayobeesnes
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Long story short, I had a Wii that I stopped using for a long time, my parents used it for Netflix but they now have my X360 for that, I have the wii now. Everything was outdated so I decided to completely revirginize it to factory 4.3U using NAND Builder.

After doing so, I went into my Wii Settings, and tried to connect to the internet. It always found my Access Point, but it would ALWAYS give me a "cannot connect to the internet" with a different error code every time. I mainly wanted network so I could use cIOS installers, of course before I knew that good ol' ModMii got all those as WADS for you :P , but I just set that aside, redid my entire softmod setup using ModMii. Went back to network, hoping that fixed it. Same thing. I tried running my system menu in cIOS249 and connecting then, still failed. I'm really starting to worry guys, any advice? I know there could be more obstacles to overcome due to lack of Wifi, but it's a nice thing to have since my new HP laptop can't even read my SD card half the time.

EDIT: I'm starting to remember, that was the second time I've ever virginized my Wii, and I think I had the same issue after doing that. I somehow got my network started up again. Is there anything I can install, like, WAD-wise that could help? I'm really bummed about this, I don't want to get cover arts manually. I tried tethering using my phone but I got the same error. The module can't be broken because it's actively finding access points.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Are you 100% certain that this is the Wii's fault, not the network's? Has the Wii ever successfuly connected to this particular network? What are the network settings?

After following a ModMii-generated guide step-by-step, there should be no problems whatsoever with the Wii.

Selim873

Nunnayobeesnes
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you 100% certain that this is the Wii's fault, not the network's? Has the Wii ever successfuly connected to this particular network? What are the network settings?

After following a ModMii-generated guide step-by-step, there should be no problems whatsoever with the Wii.

I'm thinking it's the Wii because the Wifi was working before I restored the fresh NAND from NAND Builder, which I used an older NAND that I backed up myself as a base. I still have 2 much older NAND bins I could try on my mom's old computer actually, I'd have to dig the old PC out of the basement though. I'll give that a shot.

sysmenu 4.3 runs on ios 80

You can use Priiloader to force the Wii to run on cIOS. Running cIOS249 can give your Wii the ability to run burned games directly off of the Disc Channel for example. Just a random try.

Luigi2012SM64DS

G-old member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

I'm thinking it's the Wii because the Wifi was working before I restored the fresh NAND from NAND Builder, which I used an older NAND that I backed up myself as a base. I still have 2 much older NAND bins I could try on my mom's old computer actually, I'd have to dig the old PC out of the basement though. I'll give that a shot.

sysmenu 4.3 runs on ios 80

You can use Priiloader to force the Wii to run on cIOS. Running cIOS249 can give your Wii the ability to run burned games directly off of the Disc Channel for example. Just a random try.
whats the point? neogamma is better. now use ios 80

Selim873

Nunnayobeesnes
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
whats the point? neogamma is better. now use ios 80

What I meant was that running System Menu on cIOS can solve some problems and add more possibilities. I mean, it is cool and all. :)

Anyway, I'm coping one of my older Nand backups to my SD Card. I have PriiLoader, and I've read about a Error on Test Connection sys menu hack. I don't even have that on PriiLoader, maybe it was removed. I started using PriiLoader even when 0.7 was out, or maybe 0.6.

Selim873

Nunnayobeesnes
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, it was NAND Builder that killed my Wifi, I used the most recent NAND I backed up before I built the new one. My Wifi works again, I'll just find an extra SD Card and redo everything on ModMii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We just question @AncientBoi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.