rklamer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys,

Really stupid problem here. Modded 4.2u (soft). I haven't really had a need to update, so I haven't. It's all been fine for a long time, so I haven't made a nand backup in awhile. I know. I fail for that.

Well, my brother signed up for Netflix yesterday. He decided to try the Wii out with it. He went to the Shop to download the Netflix channel, and it prompted for an update before he could go into the Shop. He knew full well that he shouldn't try to update, but he went ahead and did it. The update failed.

Next day, asked by my brother to fix the Shop. First things first, I noticed Wifi wasn't working on HBC. So I went and tried to connect -- doesn't work. Error 52230. Tried standard network troubleshooting... still out. I tried a second AP in the house -- no bones. Tried an open spot in the neighborhood. Still not working. Finally, tried a known-good AP that another Wii could connect to just fine. Still not working.

I am left to assume this was due to the failed update, as just yesterday it worked just fine.

So, what should I do? Should I factory reset? Is there anything else I can try before I have to resort to that? Further, has anyone actually seen this happen before? I can't find anything on Google about it.

Thank you so much for any and all help.

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the same problem not to long ago, the fix for mii, was to update all the ios/cios, using mod mii. an doing a batch download of the wads. works great now. you can find mod mii in the stickies, at the top of the forum. an leave a thanks to xflak.

vempire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I had a similar problem not long ago. Go to your Wii settings and where you chose your country change to any other country and check if you can connect. If you can just change back to your country and that's it. If that doesn't work try deleting your connection settings and try again. I hope it helps.
unsure.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: