WiFi Homebrew with Nintendo USB Dongle

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by bikingcam, Aug 1, 2008.

1. bikingcam
    OP

bikingcam GBAtemp Regular

Nov 21, 2005
    Djibouti
    You know.......
    Hey,
    I've been out of the loop for a little while, but I would like to run some wifi homebrew on my ds. The thing is, I have the Nin USB Dongle thing and have no idea what to do. I have Windows Vista too by the way.
    If anyone has any links or anything for tutorials i'd be really stoked. I wanna try msn and web browsing on the ds.
    Thanks

2. wabo

wabo GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 14, 2003
    Canada
    Canada
    There's some hacked drivers that permits this but sadly, they don't work on vista. I've been in the same ordeal recently when i got a new PC with Vista so i researched this heavily but seems like there is no solution. I ended up buying a router for 40$ and sold the dongle for 20$ today.

There is some advantages like having the internet without the PC on, much better speed and range on the local wireless Lan. But something i miss is i could easily monitor my bandwidth from all my device since my netmeter was seeing the data passing by from the dongle.

But in the end , i'm pretty happy. No way the dongle could have streamed xvid files wirelessly to the PS3 in realtime wich i now can do.

3. bikingcam
    OP

bikingcam GBAtemp Regular

Nov 21, 2005
    Djibouti
    You know.......
    Darn, well, I do have an old computer with XP which i tryed it on but it kept coming up with errors telling me to insert the cd... arghh

4. xJonny

xJonny ...

Aug 16, 2007
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice