wifi for ds through the wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by mysteryperson699, Feb 28, 2010.

Feb 28, 2010
  1. mysteryperson699
    OP

Newcomer mysteryperson699 Member

Australia
    now with this question i would like to ask if anyone knows of a homebrew app that alows you to use the wii's internet on the ds. if you know of one or have a link to it could you please post it thanks.

And by the way the wireless I use cant be picked up by the ds for some reason yet is it compatiable with the wii and my asus notebook

2. hunterm

Newcomer hunterm Member

United States
    There is no way to use the Wii's internet connection through the DS, just buy a Nintendo USB Wi-fi dongle for your PC, and then connect to that.

3. mysteryperson699
    OP

Australia
    Thanks for that but that was not excatly what I was hoping for.

If someone could make a homebrew app for it that would be great.
    If you know of an app that has been already been made coud u tell me thanks. [​IMG]

4. Eddie_Brock

Member Eddie_Brock GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Sounds like an issue with your wireless router, not your DS. Read up on your router, and try adjusting some settings. It could be something as simple as your encryption. I would research into this, you're likely to have better results than waiting for someone to custom-make you a homebrew app.

5. synicasm

Newcomer synicasm Advanced Member

United States
    Is your DS a "DS" or a "DSi" if its a DS then is your wireless setup with WEP or WPA security.. the DS only can use WEP... and not WPA.. Which sucks...

See this info about DS wireless

6. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    If your wireless router is set to hide the SSID then it won't show up when the DS searches, so be sure to check that, too.

In your start/globe menu, go to the "run" command. If you're on vista, you'd use the little white box near the bottom. Type in "CMD" and press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER.

In the black box that comes up, type "ipconfig" and press enter. It'll list a series of four numbers as your "default gateway". Write those down. Go open any web browser, and enter the four numbers (like 192.169.x.x) into the address bar, and press enter.

A login box should come up. The username should be "admin" or blank, and the password can be anything from "admin" to "administrator" "pass" to "password" or "password1", or something else if you've set it differently. Ask whoever set up the router what the password to get into it is, or check this page.
    http://www.phenoelit-us.org/dpl/dpl.html

That's how to get into the settings of the router.

7. mysteryperson699
    OP

Australia