Gaming WiFi Dropouts

Dylaan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, my PC's Wireless connection is being a complete pain in the anus! It's more than close enough to the router yet seems to randomly lose connection... I had a similar problem a few months ago, but I thought I'd fixed it. I'm pretty sure both the wireless card and the router are all updated. Broadcasting on Channel 6, neighbours use 11. We do have cordless phones, but it was working great for a while so... Help?
tongue.gif

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
It really depends on the drivers & software too. For Lenovo Thinkpads, the builtin windows drivers for the wireless card drop out all the time, while the Thinkvantage drivers/software work perfectly. If your wireless card has any software with it, you could try it.

In the end, wireless performance is not as good as wired...

Dylaan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'd definitely go back to wired if I could, running a cable through the main hallway was inconvenient though. Would it be anything to do with the fact I use a D-Link router with Belkin card? (I use Windows Zero Config? to configure my settings, but I installed the drivers off the CD) Oh and it's a desktop and I don't think my Wii or laptop have any problems...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Touché.