Wifi Connection slow like a Slowpoke

Discussion in 'NDS - Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection' started by Wolfsclaw, Mar 26, 2007.

Mar 26, 2007
  1. Wolfsclaw
    OP

Member Wolfsclaw GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    Hello,

I got a WLAN router connected to the modem (adsl) and my DS is connecting through that. Theres no need to have the pc on.
    My laptop, which also works over wifi, gets over 150KB/s, however my DS gets only 5-6KB/s (tested with DSOrganize Homebrew Database Download). My PC gets like 350KB/s +/- .
    Ive read reports from others having 40+ KB/s, so my question is... wtf? Does anyone know a reason for the slowdown? Could it be something with the IP, should it be fixed?

2. Devil_Spawn

Member Devil_Spawn GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    hi, that is simply the dsorganise database, if you want to see a faster solution, try DSFTP

3. ilovengage

Member ilovengage GBAtemp Fan

Austria
    But the DS WLAN is quite slow (2MBit)

Even in DS Download Play games it's slower than you can imagine (the data transfered can't be bigger than 4MB and needs a minute or sth like that ...)

4. Wolfsclaw
    OP

Member Wolfsclaw GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    Hmm, I dont think its the database only, for example the DSO web browser also loads VERY slowly, every page.

How can people have transferring speeds like 60KB/s while I just a tenth of it? :/