Misc Wifi broken on Original DS, can someone help?

BWizZ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a nintendo DS Original which I got about a month ago, everything works perfectly fine except for the Wifi. When I go to pictochat and hit the stylus on a room I cannot enter a room, yet my nieces nintendo ds lite instantly joins the room upon tapping a room. Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia can't even get to the main menu because the system tries to access the Wifi component immediately after the intro video, you can tell by the green light flashing...the game freezes repeating the same note and the light continually blinks, which leaves no other option but to switch the system off. On games that allow you to set up nintendo wifi connection, like zelda phantom hourglass, selecting search for access point makes the screen come up saying its searching but you cannot back out of it, and have no choice but to restart the system, same with manually entering the router settings and trying to manually test the connection, no choice but to restart.

I took the nintendo ds apart in hopes of being able to fix the problem, figuring it might be a disconnected antenna or something, but everything appeared to be connected just fine, the antenna was plugged into the motherboard, the wifi/speaker board next to the top screen had no problems and no wires were broken or anything. I then decided to pry the metal plating off of the wifi board thats on the main motherboard, thinking that their might be a chip broken off or something, but again nothing appeared to be damaged in any way.

I have tried searching the internet for a solution to this problem but the farthest I got was the nintendo repair site telling me i need to get it repaired for 75 bucks which is totally not worth it IMO. If anyone can help me in solving the problem myself I would be most appreciative.

BTW its a firmware v3 original ds, hasn't been flashed or anything

Big Green

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The wifi data was probably deleted.

You could send your mac adress from one ds to another if you are planning on getting a new DS. That way all of your records will be intact, but the data on the original will be deleted. Nintendo doesn't wan't there to be to ds's wth the same friend code because of problems and stuff like that.

Someone probably did that with the ds you have.

BWizZ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow I just did some reading and some posts said that the originating ds would no longer be able to go online after the transfer. Would flashing the DS restore its online capabilities? or is there any way to restore wifi data?

BWizZ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still have not found a solution to my problem..will flashing the DS restore whatever wifi data is missing?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.