Wifi adapter or Lan adapter?

Discussion in 'Wii - Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection' started by Kakashi_hatake, May 27, 2007.

May 27, 2007
  1. Kakashi_hatake
    OP

Newcomer Kakashi_hatake Newbie

Poland
    Hey guys, i wanted to connect my wii to internet and im not sure what to choose, a Wifi usb adapter, or Lan adapter, i have psp too but i dont think it will work with NINTENDO wifi usb, i dont want to buy whole acces point, and i haerd datels wifi adapter for psp and wii is quite crap. So wich one is better? Its good to mention is easier to get usb wifi adapter in poland then lan adapter ;P.

2. FrozenOne23

Member FrozenOne23 GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    I'd go for a LAN adapter, seriously, you don't want that you need to power on your pc every time you want to play online with your Wii.

3. Kakashi_hatake
    OP

Newcomer Kakashi_hatake Newbie

Poland
    Well i dont use any routers, i have one pc, and one connection, and everytime i turn pc on i must connect to inet, so i need to have pc turned on anyways [​IMG]

4. adgloride

Member adgloride Its A Wii Wario

United Kingdom
    Just get a wireless router. They're pretty cheap and you don't need your PC on all the time, just the router. A router also comes in handy for loads of other things. I wouldn't be without my netgear.

5. Bloodgod

Member Bloodgod 嵐の王

United States
    Linksys WRT54GL FTW

anyways like the poster said above me. just get a wireless router. you can use the internet with your PC, PSP and Wii at the same time. getting what you mentioned is just plain retarded, you can only use them on Nintendo and nothing else

6. ImperialX

Member ImperialX GBAtemp Regular

Japan
    Wireless Router is definitely the best choice.

7. acky

Member acky GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    An alternative is just to get an access point and hook it up to your PC. Old access points are slow and obsolete (11Mbit) so you can get them for like $10. The down side is that your computer will have to be connected to the internet with internet connection sharing turned on, but it's certainly a lot cheaper than buying a router.

8. Liv2MsTrb8T

Newcomer Liv2MsTrb8T Member

United States
    lan is faster wifi = lagmaster 5000 [​IMG]

9. Bladexdsl

Member Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    it's true ever since i got mine connected to my router i've never looked back