Wife's first sonogram

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by klown07, Jul 22, 2008.

Jul 22, 2008

Wife's first sonogram by klown07 at 7:04 AM (1,427 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. klown07
    OP

Newcomer klown07 Advanced Member

United States
    Well today my wife and I went to take her first sonogram since she found out she was pregnant. They told her she is about 9 weeks now. anyways, we saw the sac, but no "white dot" or embryo. The doc even zoomed in, but nothing was there. It sucks, and I'm a little teary. doc says it could be that they are off by a few weeks. So basically we are left worried and we can do nothing but wait until her next appointment for another ultrasound. doc says we'd be surprised by how much difference a week or two could make...But I dunno. Bottom line is, it could go either way. If she's gonna have a miscarriage, all she can do is wait for it. If everything is fine, something will finally show up on the next ultrasound. And so we...wait. I can't sleep, this is too much for me. I'm probably taking it worse than she is, but she did cry after we left the doc's office. All i know is we both want that bundle of joy in our lives, we'd be first time parents, and I can't think of anything more exciting. Sorry people..I just wanted to get all this out to SOMEBODY. [​IMG]

2. Orc

Member Orc ‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)

Hong Kong
    I hope everything turns out okay. Best wishes to you and your wife!
    btw, if you want to keep us updated, GBAtemp has User Blogs for everyone. [​IMG]

3. Tragoedia181

Banned Tragoedia181 B*tch I Look Like Goku!!

United States
    well i hope you two will be okay and it probaly nothing to worry about it almost remind me what happen to my nephew and he came out good.

4. klown07
    OP

Newcomer klown07 Advanced Member

United States
    Well thank you for the best wishes! I'm probably gonna be up for awhile, I got a lump in my throat lol....sigh. Yarrrr, I guess you could say I'm still teary. I'm sorry but can you please explain to me how the blog thing works? I'll click on the blog button, but is there anything I need to know?

Update:Well, I'll experiment and start a blog, it sounds fun. It might also help me keep my mind off this long enough to still smile. I'd be happy to keep you all informed if you're interested in reading^^ I guess I'll spend my time uploading some photos as well! thanks people [​IMG]

5. The Teej

Former Staff The Teej Also known as The Tjalian

United Kingdom
    You'd be surprised how much better venting on a blog makes you! Basically, making a blog is just making a thread in the blog section, except you have extra powers such as the ability to lock your own thread, and people can keep up to date easier by checking out your official blog page and an RSS feed on your blog.

Anyway, I hope everything turns out ok for you and your wife! I'm sure it will be fine though [​IMG]

6. Szyslak

Member Szyslak Nudibranch Lover

United States
    Sorry to hear that your first ultrasound was disappointing, but try not to panic yet. It's quite likely that the cycles / dates are just off a little, which is one of the reasons most OB/GYNs recommend waiting longer than 9 weeks for the first ultrasound.

My wife is 9 months pregnant with our second youngling, so I can sympathize a bit. With this pregnancy, they had us severely panicked at one point about some test results, which in the end turned out to be nothing. We were both torn up for days, but most of that turned out to be our tendency to expect the worst news possible. It can be hard to stay calm in the face of such a monumentally important life event. The best thing you can do is be there for your wife, and try to stay positive.

If you don't have it yet, go get a book called "What To Expect When You're Expecting". It's a fantastic resource for first time parents, and will help reassure you during what will be a very confusing and difficult but wonderful time.

I sincerely hope all goes well for you and your wife, and there's always people around this community willing to listen.

Good luck.

7. Vulpes Abnocto

Former Staff Vulpes Abnocto Drinks, Knows Things

United States
    I send my best wishes to you and your young family, friend.

May you be blessed by whatever Powers preside over us.

8. WildWon

Former Staff WildWon EXTERMINATE!

United States
    Sorry to hear about the stress and worries. Dunno how much it means, but you and your wife will be in my thoughts and prayers.

9. budrow66

Member budrow66 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    It can be scary but take heart and think positive. It truly is amazing how much differance a week or 2 makes. My wife gets very sick when she is pregnant and has to see the doc once a week or more and our last ultrasound had just a spot. This week its starting to look like a child. My best to you and the Mrs. .

10. jalaneme

Member jalaneme Female Gamer

United Kingdom
    congrats on your first pregancy, i can't wait to have that joy myself [​IMG]

11. layzieyez

Member layzieyez GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I really hope everything turns out well with you. It's pretty stressful having a child on the way. My wife's due date is 2 weeks from today, and it's our second child. I'm pretty excited to see what we got (I don't believe in finding out the sex of the child before the delivery). My daughter wants a little brother, but I just want a healthy child. And I agree about the "Expecting. . ." book. Excellent resource for expectant parents.