Wierd Wiikey Problem

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by indiraider, May 15, 2008.

May 15, 2008

Wierd Wiikey Problem by indiraider at 3:31 AM (867 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. indiraider
    OP

Newcomer indiraider Advanced Member

Hello

I self installed my wiikey when they first came out on a system that came out at launch. Everything has been great since then. But recently when I sometimes boot up Super Mario Kart (it way be the same but that is the only game I am playing right now [​IMG] ) it gives me the ‘unauthorized device’ error that started from the Super Mario Galaxy days. Then when I force the system off then reboot the games loads perfectly. WTF?. Now I didn't install the newest update for SSBB. I think it might be a bad solder (but it is weird that my solders help for almost a year then became cold). I am really left at a loss of what to do. Should I open up my system and re solder the wiikey, is the chip going bad, or should I flash to the newest update?

Thanks

2. dimmujed

Member dimmujed GBAtemp Regular

United States
    You need to update the firmware on the chip. Check out wiikey.cn (at least that's what I think it is) to get the newest firmware and config disc. Burn them to a dvd and pop them in and follow directions and u'll be on ur way.

Also install the newest firmware updates for the wii too. I have a Wiikey as well.

3. indiraider
    OP

I did the beta super mario galaxy update already though

4. Lazycus

Member Lazycus Rotten

United States
    It's happened to many people with 1.9g and 1.9s. Nothing wrong with your WiiKey. There have been a few threads about it.

5. indiraider
    OP

Thanks for the info. I didn't see any threads. Too wrapped up in figuring out the problem. I knew that it was installed correctly because I am a kick ass installer.