wierd problems after flashme

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by dude1, Aug 24, 2006.

Aug 24, 2006

wierd problems after flashme by dude1 at 9:42 PM (1,063 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. dude1
    OP

Member dude1 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    i have a american ds lite i flashed it with the flashme in gbatemps guide tp flash me but
    even though i used flash me stealth i see a health and safety warning and if i have the passcard 3 inserted while turning on it i see the n from nintendo on the top screen and the health waning but its very pale like it froze turning on
    flashme said it finished 100% and it was safe to turn off my ds
    whats my problem

2. outphase

Member outphase Custom title

United States
    flashme stealth is the version that retains the health screen. Also, why are you using a passcard3 when you already installed flashme?

3. meangreenie

Banned meangreenie Banned

United Kingdom
    The stealth version means it appears exactly like the real firmware, with the health warning at start-up intact.

I think you wanted the normal version, this boots straight up without any health screen. I'm not sure about the passcard3 problem but guess it has something to do with both flashme and passcard3 conflicting, maybe turning off auto-boot in the ds options would help.

edit.. beaten to it [​IMG]

4. dude1
    OP

Canada
    crap i got the wrong one il reflash then

update:

reflashed the dslite but now if i boot with my passcard3 in slot1 i get 2 white screens is this normal

5. tama_mog

Member tama_mog Kupo

United States
    ummmm, why are you booting the passcard 3 when you have flashme? I would say yes it is normal if you have nothing in the gba slot because flashme boots from slot2. To boot from slot1 you hold select to go into the DS menu and then boot slot1.

6. Falkentyne

Member Falkentyne GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Um, *dude*,
    did you not read the other posts completely at all ?? [​IMG]
    It was already said SEVERAL TIMES that YOU DO NOT USE THE PASSCARD 3 if your DS is flashed !!
    Trying to use the passcard causes unpredictable results. The ENTIRE POINT of flashing a DS is to NOT have to use the passcard.

So WHY are you insisting on using the passcard? If you wanted to use the passcard, why did you flash your DS?
    Try using a game, instead. [​IMG]

7. dude1
    OP

Canada
    i know once its flashjed you dont use a passcard but i also heard a flashme ds cant sleep without a ds cart inserted
    so thats why i want to have it in there
    plus who wants a empty slot

8. Falkentyne

United States
    That's fine but since you're trying to boot with the passcard3, why did you flash the DS in the first place? [​IMG]
    You *can* put the passcard in after you have already entered your flashcart's main menu.

Besides, you don't own ANY DS games?
    Use a DS game instead. The passcard drains too much battery when in sleep mode. Much more than a DS game. Same goes for normal play.

9. dude1
    OP

Canada
    my ds is rather new i havnt got any games yet right now im just worrying about the flashing and my new m3
    i flashed because it has bricker protection and since i have the m3 for homebrew you dont know what some random app might do

10. Falkentyne

United States
    Dude1:

If you really want to boot your passcard 3, hold down SELECT while booting your flashed DS Lite.
    That effectively *disables* flashme and stops the DS from crashing. But you won't be able to progress past the passcard 3 splash screen (which will appear).

11. ds6220

Member ds6220 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Not my mom apparently..... [​IMG]