Hardware Wich firmware if i buy a new 3ds now?

lukazzo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi to all, i want to get a european new 3ds (no xl), but i want to find one with a firmware that can be hacked without hardware mod, wich bundle i should look? better a bundle or just the 3ds? Thanks

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi to all, i want to get a european new 3ds (no xl), but i want to find one with a firmware that can be hacked without hardware mod, wich bundle i should look? better a bundle or just the 3ds? Thanks
I don't think 11.0 n3DSes are in the wild yet but don't quote me on that. 11.0 is still fairly recent.
So any new, unopened n3DS should be hackable without a hardmod but you may need an exploit game.

lukazzo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I don't think 11.0 n3DSes are in the wild yet but don't quote me on that. 11.0 is still fairly recent.
So any new, unopened n3DS should be hackable without a hardmod but you may need an exploit game.
thx, there are some bundles with high possibilities that can be with an hackable fw without exploit game?

Akira

I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just bought a New Nintendo 3DS XL Fire Emblem Fates Edition yesterday and it's on firmware 11.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I just bought a New Nintendo 3DS XL Fire Emblem Fates Edition yesterday and it's on firmware 11.
Maybe it has been opened and updated, you can't tell for sure since the n3DS boxes aren't sealed. But I guess OP should be careful about which console he buys.
thx, there are some bundles with high possibilities that can be with an hackable fw without exploit game?
I'm not sure, and the firmware version by serial number thread is no longer updated so there's no good way to tell for sure.

lukazzo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Same deal: get a bundle old enough to be sure (Tomodachi red/white, all MK7, Pokemon x/y, most nsmb2,...)

If you want to be sure buy a small o3ds, production stopped in the 9.x days lol
I found a tomodachi pink white bundle :D you think is old enough?

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure if you are buying a system that is Brand new never opened. Other wise there is a chance someone returned it cause is on 11.0.0-33 and they are thinking the same way you are. :P

D

Deleted-379826

If its E then maybe because it was released late? But my USA one was definitely not 11, maybe 9.9?

lukazzo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
They're pretty new, to be honest... sure they won't be 11.x, but since you're buying new why not aim for 10.5 or lower the first time?
oh just because is cheaper ehehe, so mk7 or nsmb2 should be fine? damn i wanted a new 3ds but too much risk, 2ds is so much worse?

D

Deleted-379826

oh just because is cheaper ehehe, so mk7 or nsmb2 should be fine? damn i wanted a new 3ds but too much risk, 2ds is so much worse?
No, there is hardly any risk. What bundles of small n3ds do you guys have there?? in NA we have animal crossing and a pokemon one and they are both on great firmwares! 2Ds even less of a "risk" because the bundles are so extremely old that you WILL get a good firmware!

lukazzo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
No, there is hardly any risk. What bundles of small n3ds do you guys have there?? in NA we have animal crossing and a pokemon one and they are both on great firmwares! 2Ds even less of a "risk" because the bundles are so extremely old that you WILL get a good firmware!
i found a new 3ds bundle with pokemon omega and one with animal crossing i think, but the problem in that store is that if i want to return the 3ds i cound only get store credit, other option is amazon but is new 3ds only no bundle.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If its E then maybe because it was released late? But my USA one was definitely not 11, maybe 9.9?
The only reason why some 3ds bundles are updated is to support the game included with the system. If the system is updated to 11.0.0-33 and no game has said it requires that version and you bought a system at that firmware, then is possibe is been used and not brand new. OR nintendo actually sells 11.0.0-33 stock firmware now. :P

But i am just saying don't buy used systems if you want a better chance at lower firmware. I doubt nintendo game stores just gonna send back system to nintendo and update firmware and repackage it like new, unless is refurbished but again, brand new never opened, better chance of lower firmware. :)

If there any new games or bundles after may 2016 unless the said game included doesn't require 11.0.0-33 to use then i still think is safe.

Reactions: Deleted-379826
D

Deleted-379826

i found a new 3ds bundle with pokemon omega and one with animal crossing i think, but the problem in that store is that if i want to return the 3ds i cound only get store credit, other option is amazon but is new 3ds only no bundle.
It's not an omega ruby bundle it is a 20th anniversary red and blue limited edition bundle, and the animal crossing is also limited edition with special faceplates like the red and blue. Just get it from that store there will not be a need to return. Plus the only harder to hack version is THE latest nothing else and on the latest is still hackable the only thing is you'll need a friend with a hacked 3ds!

lukazzo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It's not an omega ruby bundle it is a 20th anniversary red and blue limited edition bundle, and the animal crossing is also limited edition with special faceplates like the red and blue. Just get it from that store there will not be a need to return. Plus the only harder to hack version is THE latest nothing else and on the latest is still hackable the only thing is you'll need a friend with a hacked 3ds!
it say pokemon alpha sapphire on the box, the problem is that i don't know anyone with an hacked 3ds, you think it should be safe enough to get the animal crossing one and will be hackable without a game or hardmod?

D

Deleted-379826

it say pokemon alpha sapphire on the box, the problem is that i don't know anyone with an hacked 3ds, you think it should be safe enough to get the animal crossing one and will be hackable without a game or hardmod?
All are hackable without a hardmod, and with the animal crossing I believe it should be ya. Just make sure it IS the one with the custom faceplates. (the top one is a green backround with isabelle)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

make sure it's this: and considering this video was made in september of last year, FOR SURE you will not need a game

lukazzo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
All are hackable without a hardmod, and with the animal crossing I believe it should be ya. Just make sure it IS the one with the custom faceplates. (the top one is a green backround with isabelle)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

make sure it's this: and considering this video was made in september of last year, FOR SURE you will not need a game

box is different but the faceplate with the house look like the same one

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.