Wi-Fi?!

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Kniteshade, Jul 6, 2007.

Jul 6, 2007

Wi-Fi?! by Kniteshade at 1:22 AM (675 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Kniteshade
    OP

Newcomer Kniteshade Member

Australia
    Hey all.

Is it possible for two people with Slot 1 flash cards on their DS Lite to get a local wireless multiplayer game up?? If so, can I get a head count to see how many people can confirm this.

The thing was, yesterday I tried to start a local wireless game of Clubhouse Games with my girlfriend using a flash card as well as me, and it didn't seem to work. We're both using the same region version, both of us trimmed it, we can both individually play it on our cards. The only thing is I was using a DS-Linker whilst she was using a R4DS. We tried another game (Brain Age) and it didn't work as well. We tried a local wireless run of Mario Kart and it worked. Although my girlfriend fired hers up on the R4DS while I used a real copy of Mario Kart DS. It wasn't Download Play too, we ran it as Multi Card.

What...gives? :wtf:

2. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    It definitely should work with multi card. I suppose you haven't tried with untrimmed roms, but that is most likely not the issue.

3. xcalibur

Member xcalibur Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear

United Kingdom
    It actually could be the problem if you are using trimmed roms
    the code for multiplayer sometimes get damaged when trimming so use a safe trim method

4. Kniteshade
    OP

Newcomer Kniteshade Member

Australia
    Well, we're both using the R4 trimmer. I thought the trimmer only deletes unused space.

5. xcalibur

Member xcalibur Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear

United Kingdom
    yes, but apparently the code is sometimes held in that free space so try using safe trim with a different trimmer(forgot the name sorry) and try again.
    it should work