Misc WI-Fi USB connector problem

Empoleom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
i was installing the nintendo usb connector a few seconds after the "setting up the internet connection sharing" appears a error message "please insert the Nintendo Wi-Fi USB connector into your computer's USB port" but the usb connector is already in my computer, i used google but i doesnt find anything
i use windows xp

kennypu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just keep trying :3. make sure you don't have the wifi connector plugged in when you start the installer. have it off, then run the installer, then plugin when it asks you to.

Empoleom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
kennypu said:
just keep trying :3. make sure you don't have the wifi connector plugged in when you start the installer. have it off, then run the installer, then plugin when it asks you to.
i tried this appears the same error message

frogmyster3

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm actually having the same problem on Vista. The dongle worked a few years ago on XP then we upgraded machines and I wasn't fussed about WiFi. Now I'd like to have it again so I installed version 1.07 tried that but it didn't work and then tried 1.06 and got the same problem. Here's what I did:

1) Ran Setup.exe
2) Selected English as my language
3) Let it get to the bit where it says "Now insert the USB dongle" and inserted the USB dongle.
4) Then it spends about a minute activating internet sharing.
5) Then it tells me that I haven't inserted the USB dongle and the installation failed.

As I said I've tried 2 versions of the installer and I've also tried several different USB ports but encountered the same error. While I have internet access on my DSi thanks to the extra settings I'd like to use the proper WiFi connection. Why Nintendo doesn't just allow you to use the extra settings on the DSi to connect to WiFi on newer games is beyond me and rather annoying. I want to use the GTS on SoulSilver. Anyways I'll look into it and see if there is a fix.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte