Wi-Fi cuts "on" and "off"

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by suppachipmunk, Jul 9, 2007.

1. suppachipmunk
    OP

suppachipmunk GBAtemp Fan

Jan 14, 2007
    United States
    Hello all! I have had some problems with my friend's internet. After a short while, the internet cuts off, thus making every device in the house go down.

Here is the set up:
    D-Link DI-624 (DHCP, wifi G with Dynamic Turbo)
    Comcast Cable Modem
    All cabling is RG6 Coxial, Cat5e ethernet.

I already have a degree in computer networking, but this stumps me. The only thing I can think of is either the modem or the router is bad, or his signal from his ISP isnt strong enough. I set up everything with DHCP, the lease expiration time is 28 days I beleive. So that is not the problem. I have the same setup at my house, which is what makes me think it is either his modem or router is bad, or he is not getting a strong enough signal from his ISP. This problem has gone on for about 6 months now, and we have had comcast come out and strengthen the signal, and install an amplifier in the attic.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I wasnt sure if I was the only one who has experienced this.

2. Sick Wario

Sick Wario Club Nintendo

Jul 24, 2006
    NNID: godrugal
    can i suggest turning OFF that 'turbo' feature. from my [linksys] experience with 'speedbooster' that very small speed increase is not worth more stability problems

3. suppachipmunk
    OP

Jan 14, 2007
    United States
    OK, thanks. I will give it a try today when I get over there and report back tonight.

4. suppachipmunk
    OP

Jan 14, 2007
    United States
    Thanks Sick Wario. I think that might have solved the problem. I changed the router to Super G without Turbo. Everything seems to go smoothly so far. We are going to do more extensive testing on XBOX live today to see what happens.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice