1. EZ-Flash2

OP EZ-Flash2 Official EZ-FLASH Stuff

China
    Users keep complaining their sd card corrupted since the product launch. after a long time investigate in Chinese user community. it seems we found the reason.

Every user of EZ-FLASH OMEGA remembers the infamous rhyme: Counting 1 to 5.
    But there are two other things to remember. in the user manual - Important Note, it said the save states and emulator menu also need counting.
    We've found the card corrupted users like to choose the exit option when they want to exit the emulator. it is the main reason which cause the card corruption.

There are two triggers which the emulator use to activate the save function, 1. Press L+R to summon up the main menu, 2. exit the emulator to card os. They are working well when used on common flash card which use SRAM + battery. but not well on EZ-FLAH OMEGA.

The save mechanism of EZ-FLASH OMEGA works like this: A thread is watching the SRAM on the card. if the SRAM is changed by the save function of game or homebrew. write the SRAM data to the microsd card. the write process need a little time to open, write and close the file. that is why we need a counting 1 to 5.

The user choose the exit option in emulator, the emulator activate the save function and reset to kernel. the file open, write and close procedure is interrupted by the reset. a bad file cluster is generated on card. again and again, the bad file clusters corrupt the card.

Conclusion: Please press L+R and wait 1-3 seconds then power off when you want to exit the emulator.

2. EZ-Flash2

China
    The ways to protect you save files:
    1. backup the save files to computer frequently
    2. if you see any error code, it means the card already has the bad file clusters. backup the save folder, scan and fix the microsd card before more damages are made.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2020
    Deleted-236924 likes this.
  3. EZ-Flash2

China
    No one seems to read this post.

Deleted-236924 likes this.
  4. Hark0n

Hark0n Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    I gave up on playing GB and GBC games on the EZ-Flash Omega... and now i have no trouble... GBA works fine and that is what i am using it for. I am rally sorry to say, i really do not mean any offence by saying this, but the implentation of the Goomba Emulator on this flashcard is horrible... the only way to prevent savegame corrotuption is by simply not using it...

5. It has 380+ views.

6. Hark0n

Hark0n Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    Also, one tiny suggestion... since the Omega has a battery... why not use that to keep the card powered long enough for it to finish writing the safe game on the sd card after a shutdown? Would make the product foolproof... also make the battery easy to replace!

Searinox likes this.
  7. Chano

Chano Newbie
    Newcomer

At least, the save should be written in a temporal file and moved to the original save path only when the file write is finished. Also, if a save hasn't been written successfully, the menu should warn the user of possible sd corruption.

8. VinsCool

VinsCool Cattus Incerta Tacitusque

Canada
    Good to know!
    I am always a little worried about file corruption.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - microSD, keeping, corrupt