Hacking Why you shouldn't let anyone touch your wii...

Nintendo_Chick

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've been on vacation for a while, and while I was gone I had a friend take care of my dog, and said he could use my xbox, wii, and pool while he was there. I'm not sure all what he did. He said he "updated some of my homebrew" and "got rid of some old stuff" but that's the extent to his knowledge, or he did something really stupid and doesn't want to admit it.

I fixed some of what he did. Got bootmii working, fixed ios36, 249, and 58, uninstalled about 20 homebrew wads, fixed the shop channel, and had to change back the settings for most of my apps...

As far as can tell every thing is working now, other than priiloader won't update from .6 to .7. I don't really care, I just want to know why.
It downloads it, says loading for about 10 seconds, then flashes the warning screen for a spit second, then gives me the cIOSPAGHETTI(cIOS Infected) cIOS detected, aborting mission... error.

And then there's this.
sysCheck v2.1.0b7 by Double_A
...runs on IOS58 (rev 6176).

Region: NTSC-U
System Menu 4.1U (v449)
Homebrew Channel 1.0.8 running on IOS58
Hollywood v0x11
Console ID:
Boot2 v3
Found 156 titles.
Found 37 IOS on this console. 3 of them are stub.

IOS4 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS9 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS10 (rev 768): Stub
IOS11 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS12 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS13 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS14 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS15 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS16 (rev 257): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, Flash Access
IOS17 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS20 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS21 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS22 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS28 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS30 (rev 1040): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, Flash Access
IOS31 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS33 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS34 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS35 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, ES Identify
IOS36 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
IOS37 (rev 3869): No Patches
IOS38 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS50 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS51 (rev 4864): Stub
IOS53 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS55 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS56 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS58 (rev 6176): USB 2.0
IOS60 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS61 (rev 5405): No Patches
IOS202[38] (rev 4): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, USB 2.0
IOS222[38] (rev 4): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, USB 2.0
IOS223[38] (rev 4): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, USB 2.0
IOS236 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
IOS249[58] (rev 21): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS250 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS254 (rev 65281): BootMii
BC v2
MIOS v5

Report generated on 2011/04/11.
How should I deal with this, use MMM, NUSD, ModMii, dop-mii, something else, or just ignore it?

I've seen other people who's ios's were all patched and it didn't seem to cause a problem, but I still don't think it's good...

I'm sure there's something I missed something (or caused it by trying to fix everything,) but I'm tired and going to bed.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Is this some "hey, I'm going to impress this grlz with my 1337 haxxoring skilzz" thing?
(EDIT: to avoid confusion: this is aimed at the one who originally did all those things...not at you, bazamuffin)

Anyway...from the looks of it, he installed darkcorp. It's pretty convenient if you want to load backup discs from the disc channel, but if you're using an USB loader it's just pointless. Hermes's cIOS could be updated if you want to, and perhaps the MIOS as well (dunno for sure on that one...the recommended one is Wiipower's one based on v10, but I don't know if that shows in syscheck).

I think updating works the fastest and safest by using modmii, though MMM or mod-mii are close seconds (they can't bulk download everything you need, but they can install whatever you download).

I don't know on which IOS priiloader relies when installing (I think 36, but I'm far from sure), so I can't help on that.

Finally: I'd reinstall cIOS249 with a base IOS of 56. The base IOS of 58 has about the least compatibility of all the bases.

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Blue-K said:
Like bazamuffin said, DARKCORP or cIOSCORP has been installed. There's an uninstaller for XXCorp here: http://gbatemp.net/t238779-darkcorp-v1-1-release, though I'm not shure how reliable it is...

Oh, and I would delete IOS202. Most/All Homebrew which used it now uses AHBPROT instead, so it isn't needed anymore.

I was looking into the uninstaller and Ive read of a few people having probs. If it were me doing this, I would use MMM and install stock versions of IOS61 downwards, and as Blue-K stated remove IOS202. Just my 2p's worth

dronesplitter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is why a nice nand backup with bootmii is so convenient (but it doesn't sound like you made one before your vacation, unfortunately). I feel like I could let someone TRY to screw my Wii over (I have bootmii as boot2) and I would be fine thanks to bootmii and backups. As long as they don't take a sledge hammer to it, I should be good.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Oh I could f*ck up your bootmii boot2 wii if I wanted to. Nothing u couldn't do to recover though using an infectus even if u don't have a nand backup

but yea, I wouldn't do that, but point is its very easy to do if u know what ur doing. Uninstall bootmii@boot2 and the system menu or system menu IOS

DO NOT DO THIS, U WILL BRICK AND ONLY BE ABLE TO RECOVER USING INFECTUS

CherrySkitty

Trophies
XP
Country
Facepalm.

That's why I don't let anyone use my stuff until I know that they won't try to do stuff because they think that they know what they're doing.. I hope you fix your Wii .-.

dronesplitter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, lol, that's true XFlak. I guess I forgot to account for those that know how to remove bootmii itself (not hard, but most people wouldn't do that). Is it possible to lock down the Wii with a password through Priiloader? I seem to remember that feature being there but I never tried it so I don't know how much of the wii is locked down (and it wouldn't stop someone from getting to the bootmii menu on my Wii, I would think - which is enough to do what you want).

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
dronesplitter said:
Yeah, lol, that's true XFlak. I guess I forgot to account for those that know how to remove bootmii itself (not hard, but most people wouldn't do that). Is it possible to lock down the Wii with a password through Priiloader? I seem to remember that feature being there but I never tried it so I don't know how much of the wii is locked down (and it wouldn't stop someone from getting to the bootmii menu on my Wii, I would think - which is enough to do what you want).
Close, but if someone REALLY wants to hack it, it's not good enough. If you have bootmii as boot2, it will load before priiloader has the chance to do anything. So anyone who knows what files to put on an SD card will be able to enter bootmii, go to the homebrew channel from there...and from there it's about as open as you can get.
(of course if you can somehow install a lock on the front SD card door, then it'll be fine...but that's pretty much overkill. And someone who is determined to destroy your wii won't go into such subtleties).

The thing that bothers me most about this situation is that of why someone would do this to someone else's stuff? I can understand an accidental update or even trying out a few new things. But installing 20 homebrew wads and darkcorp? I mean...wow. I can only imagine what would happen if you let this guy babysit your children.

Wever: okay, I'm back. How were the children?
guy: ey, it's okay. They're fine. They slept pretty much the entire time.
Wever: That's nice to hear, and...wait. Is that my daughter sleeping in there?
huh.gif

guy: Absolutely!
biggrin.gif
I got her a liposuction and a boob enlargement operation.
Wever: What? But...Why? That...that wasn't needed.
blink.gif

guy: What do you mean? doesn't it look better now?
Wever: N...no...I...why didn't you say anything?
guy: now that would spoil the surprise, would it?
Wever: And she agreed on this?
wacko.gif

guy: naah...she was already asleep. But I can't imagine her not liking this.
Wever: But she's only 12 years old! What if things went wrong?
ohmy.gif

guy: well, then I'd hate to be the parent of that child.
Wever:...
Wever: I am not pleased. Please...leave.
mad.gif

guy: ey! I'm not payed for my babysitting yet.
Wever: *gets shotgun*

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Wever LMAO!!!!!!

@the OP I hope you can recover your stuff. but yeah that's just nuts. People should never mess with others electronics without first getting permision to do so. (Beyond the playing games doing anything to anothers stuff should need even further permission from said owner!) It's one thing to call and be like I was wondering if I could install a few things on your wii/PC/XBox/Whatever! and was wondering if it's ok? but to just do so is something that warrants a slap!

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Basically you should install a complete IOS set.

You can use ModMii to download them or use the guide in my sig and tell it you are on 3.0 at point 1. After point 1 jump to 4.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, no sabría cómo decirte