This could be you!
Trophies
Website
www.frogmanreviews.com
XP
Country
spinal_cord said:
Frogman said:
When do the games actually become available to download??

September for the NES games, sometime before January for the GBA.

Oh okay. I didn't realise it was that far away...
Anyway
yaynds.gif

MADKATZ99

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm too lazy to buy a flashcard and do stuff to make it work on the 3DS, and downloading the game and emulator and putting them on the flashcard. So I'm looking forward to just going to the Eshop and pressing a button to download it. Plus the resolution should be better.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Evo.lve said:
When the 3DS drops in price.

Also, THESE GBA GAMES (IIRC) WILL NEVER BE RELEASED TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC. They are for us Ambassadors only.

Which is a huge kick in the balls considering.. well.. look at them. I mean, Metroid Fusion?! I'm glad I finally get a legit copy of that.

auser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm glad to be getting something for "free" sure, but I'd have appreciated more being able to choose the games (like maybe an $80 balance for the shop channel) or ideally, a coupon for 2 retail games (80 drop, assuming 39.95 usd per new game) ah well; it's nice enough since they didn't have to offer anything, and it essentially costs them nothing to spread this "goodwill"

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Ben_j said:
do you think the NES games will be GBA NES classic versions of the games ?

The GBA NES classics are NES games running under emulation on the GBA. To bring those to the 3DS would mean they'd be using a GBA emulator, so an emulator within an emulator? I doubt they'd do that. Plus they are squished vertically to the GBA resolution, which would make them look rather bad on the 3DS.

camus24

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
johnboyjr said:
why not just use nesds? Nintendo has not said if the nes games are going to be in 3d or not. they did say the games would be updated latter so maybe they will be in 2d 1st then 3d latter

Because I like to get original games, in the past a few year ago, I have no money at all (ok, my own money, just my parent money), then i thend to use emulators, but now I think is better original games, in this way I support de companies who developed the games, and that is great...even I tried so many times to use a emulator and is not the same, I don't apreciate the games, i just download and download but just like 2 of 100 i play, now every game i purchased i really apreciate and past completly...I don´t wont to pirate games again..IMO

ferret7463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, this thread is so full of ..... honest game buying tempers. Not this one!!!! I'm a pirate Arrrrr, . I only buy Mega Man Games New.
evil.gif
I will down load the roms because i can but most likely i will still use nesDS because of the button config.

D

Deleted-236924

dimmidice said:
you keep saying that. but what nintendo said CAN be interpreted both ways. guess we'l just have to wait and see.
i admit you're probably right. i'm just hoping you're not.
tongue.gif

They gave us a list of 10 NES games...

QUOTE(Evo.lve @ Aug 4 2011, 06:51 AM) Also, THESE GBA GAMES (IIRC) WILL NEVER BE RELEASED TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC. They are for us Ambassadors only.
Because Nintendo would pass up on an incredibly huge amount of money.
They coded an emulator, I doubt it would be only used for 10 titles given away for free.

Evo.lve

All that you could be.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
MADKATZ99 said:
xerxes16439 said:
ferret7463 said:
I will down load the roms because i can
Really? Really??? This is why Nintendo cries at night.
Are you kidding? I'm sure they're sleeping safe and sound on their beds made of pure gold.
Uh, no, when the chairman of a company has to take a 50% pay cut cos his company's in trouble, they're kinda, uh, fucked...

D

Deleted-236924

Evo.lve said:
MADKATZ99 said:
xerxes16439 said:
ferret7463 said:
Are you kidding? I'm sure they're sleeping safe and sound on their beds made of pure gold.
Uh, no, when the chairman of a company has to take a 50% pay cut cos his company's in trouble, they're kinda, uh, fucked...
Let's say his initial pay was $1M
Cut it 50%
It becomes $500K

See where I'm going?

D

Deleted User

Evo.lve said:
MADKATZ99 said:
xerxes16439 said:
ferret7463 said:
He took the cut because he doesn't need the money/publicity.

DxEggman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i pirate games more than i should.
i spend more money on games (read: hats) than i should (damn you gabe!)

i am a shameless pirate.

i am glad i bought the 3ds so early
i am excited for these games even though i have all the nes ones on my ds already and the gba ones on my psp.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
auser said:
I'm glad to be getting something for "free" sure, but I'd have appreciated more being able to choose the games (like maybe an $80 balance for the shop channel) or ideally, a coupon for 2 retail games (80 drop, assuming 39.95 usd per new game) ah well; it's nice enough since they didn't have to offer anything, and it essentially costs them nothing to spread this "goodwill"

Wouldn't they lose MORE money with coupons for retail games?

And the only thing that they have to pay is bandwidth for everybody downloading.

QUOTENobody here would care about ten free nes games and that's the point it won't benefit pirates it will only benefit paying costumers

Bite your tongue. I've gotten bored with pirating. It ruined the game for me. And being able to get legit copies of games that I know longer have and can't find in scores, is amazing. So please, don't speak for everyone, only speak for yourself.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
They say they have no plans to release the 10 specific GBA titles to anyone other than the Ambassadors. While I believe they'll cave in at some point about those games, putting that aside, it doesn't mean the general public won't have any GBA titles in the future. They may just not be the ones the Ambassadors get. The games are already made. It's just the emulator that is in the works.

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Evo.lve said:
MADKATZ99 said:
xerxes16439 said:
ferret7463 said:

He took the pay cut because he was ashamed of the lack of 3ds sales. Its pretty much to prove to stockholders that he truly cares about the issue and plans to resolve it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.