Gaming why would any one here care about the 10 free nes games

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
question, will nintendo give 10NES games and 10GBA games and everyone gets those. or will they give like 100NES games and 100GBA games and people can pick 10/10 ? i'm guessing it's not been clarified yet but it'd be nice to know. sofar none of the games mentioned interest me at all.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
dimmidice said:
question, will nintendo give 10NES games and 10GBA games and everyone gets those. or will they give like 100NES games and 100GBA games and people can pick 10/10 ? i'm guessing it's not been clarified yet but it'd be nice to know. sofar none of the games mentioned interest me at all.

They've selected 10 NES and GBA games and you get those. The full list isn't out yet AFAIK.

So far the list for NES games are:

- Super Mario Bros
- Donkey Kong Jr
- Balloon Fight
- Ice Climber
- The Legend of Zelda

and GBA games:

- Super Mario Advance 3: Yoshi's Island
- Mario Kart Super Circuit
- Metroid Fusion
- Wario Ware Inc Mega Microgame$
- Mario vs Donkey Kong

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
suprgamr232 said:
dimmidice said:

They've selected 10 NES and GBA games and you get those. The full list isn't out yet AFAIK.
you say that but where have you read that? "1.Beginning Sept. 1st, Nintendo 3DS Ambassadors will be able to download 10 NES™ Virtual Console™ games at no charge" "2. By the end of 2011, Nintendo will provide Ambassadors with 10 Game Boy Advance Virtual Console games." this just says you get 10free games. it doesnt mention if there will be a selection of games or a set 10games. i'm hoping it's a selection not a fixed 10games. i was just looking for someone who could confirm which of the two it is.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
dimmidice said:
suprgamr232 said:
dimmidice said:

you say that but where have you read that? "1.Beginning Sept. 1st, Nintendo 3DS Ambassadors will be able to download 10 NES™ Virtual Console™ games at no charge" "2. By the end of 2011, Nintendo will provide Ambassadors with 10 Game Boy Advance Virtual Console games." this just says you get 10free games. it doesnt mention if there will be a selection of games or a set 10games. i'm hoping it's a selection not a fixed 10games. i was just looking for someone who could confirm which of the two it is.

http://www.nintendo.com/corp/nintendo3ds/news/

Clearly states that ONLY 20 games will be given, not a selection.

The 20 free games are available to anyone who owns a Nintendo 3DS system and uses a wireless broadband Internet signal to connect to the Nintendo eShop at least once before 11:59 p.m. Eastern time on Aug. 11. These users will automatically be registered in the Nintendo 3DS Ambassador program. The program contains two elements:

Not 100, not 10000, 20.

Basically the Ambassador program is giving people who paid full price for the 3DS 20 games, 10 NES and 10 GBA, out earlier than they would be released to the VC.

D

Deleted-236924

pachura said:
spinal_cord said:
You will probably have the same option that you get with GB and DS games, hold start/select to load at native resolution.

...which produces a very small image.
... which is probably bigger than what a GBA game looks like on a DS.
Use common sense, please.

First, you say the DS is perfect for GBA games because they run on their native resolution.
Then you complain that running DS games in their native resolution produces a very small image?

What do you want? Blur or native resolution?
Or a native blur?

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, isn't the resolution of the 3DS 1.5 times larger then the resolution of the GBA?

I have no idea how upscaling works, but couldn't that mean better image quality?

Quincy

Your own personal guitarist :3
Trophies
Website
youtek.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
The games are free for life aren't they? Does this get "activated" once you download them or will they be free for life no matter if we download or not?

D

Deleted-236924

Quincy said:
The games are free for life aren't they? Does this get "activated" once you download them or will they be free for life no matter if we download or not?
If you plan on getting them, then why wouldn't you download them right away?

Quincy

Your own personal guitarist :3
Trophies
Website
youtek.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
Pingouin7 said:
Quincy said:
If you plan on getting them, then why wouldn't you download them right away?
I already had problems downloading the 10 videos.. Not enough space on mah SD..

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
suprgamr232 said:
dimmidice said:
suprgamr232 said:
dimmidice said:

The 20 free games are available to anyone who owns a Nintendo 3DS system and uses a wireless broadband Internet signal to connect to the Nintendo eShop at least once before 11:59 p.m. Eastern time on Aug. 11. These users will automatically be registered in the Nintendo 3DS Ambassador program. The program contains two elements:

Not 100, not 10000, 20.
that says you get 20free games. doesnt mean it's 20 predetermined ones. if i'm a candystore owner and i tell you you get 4free candies doesnt mean you don't get to pick them yourself. i'm just asking for some clarification.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
dimmidice said:
suprgamr232 said:
dimmidice said:
suprgamr232 said:
dimmidice said:

Not 100, not 10000, 20.
that says you get 20free games. doesnt mean it's 20 predetermined ones. if i'm a candystore owner and i tell you you get 4free candies doesnt mean you don't get to pick them yourself. i'm just asking for some clarification.

Maybe not in your example, but if you say "Next week, I'll be giving out 20 candies for yoos! Some of the free candies will be blank blank and blank, stay tuned next week for the rest of the names of the candies!".

Yes, it does mean they are predetermined in this particular context. Another reason we KNOW they are, is because they will be releasing said games to the general public later on. Not 20 random ones from a list of 1000's, but 20 PREDETERMINED games WE, AMBASSADORS, will be receiving first.

I'm not trying to be mean, but seriously just accept what I'm saying. Anyone else here can clarify that I'm right.

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
you keep saying that. but what nintendo said CAN be interpreted both ways. guess we'l just have to wait and see.
i admit you're probably right. i'm just hoping you're not.
tongue.gif

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see the ambiguity there and it COULD be interpreted either way, but the contextual clues given by the article heavily imply that it is predetermined which games we will get.

Choice would be nice, but unlikely... Back to the original point of this article... Nintendo plans to have wireless multiplayer support for the NES games added by the time they actually hit the eshop... Wireless multiplayer is not something currently supported by any emulator for DS that I'm currently aware of (though I haven't been keeping up and people are free to correct me if I'm wrong). That alone is a feature worth getting officially versus a pirated flash cart emulator.

That's not to say you couldn't have both... but I'd much rather have official versions than emulated pirates... it shows support for the company. Believe it or not, not everyone wants only to pirate... I did buy my original DS flashcart for NES/SNES emulation because there was no other way to have my favorite childhood games portable. If Nintendo gives me a legal alternative, I'm willing to spend a few bucks to get my favorites again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: they be like which lite firefox exe pls