Hacking why wont thhis work?

detroitwillfall

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i installed the gateway exploit with a SCDS2, and now i want to play pokemon black 2 retail cartridge. when i go to classic mode from gateway mode it just stays on a black screen after pressing??

Saturosias

thank
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The way you wrote it is confusing to understand, so uh... if you're in Gateway mode, you can't launch into the DS profile exploit to get to Classic, you have to reset the 3DS. If you're trying to access the DS games through Classic mode, don't, just play the DS game without going into EmuNAND and re-install the GW exploit when you want to use it again.

detroitwillfall

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok thank god, but then my next question... pokebank.. requires 7x and when i downloaded it in classic mode emunand and opened it it froze...

Saturosias

thank
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's encrypted with the new 6.X KeyY (as I understand it) and EmuNAND uses the old 4.X KeyY, so it can't read Pokébank or the new updated YouTube app.

detroitwillfall

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's encrypted with the new 6.X KeyY (as I understand it) and EmuNAND uses the old 4.X KeyY, so it can't read Pokébank or the new updated YouTube app.

ok next question, and probably the most painful. how does one restore their 3ds xl with there saved nand backup"?

detroitwillfall

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
are there members in that forum section that have references etc to do it? i.e, so they dont steal someones 3ds? and im currently looking for the actual tutorial on diy. i seen something on youtube not too long ago.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
If you aren't confident at soldering I would recommend you try find someone to do it, I know you risk loosing your 3ds but if you do your research and find someone reputable you should be fine, don't just send it to the person doing it for the cheapest price with no proof or history of their work.

I have seen quite a few people screwing up their 3ds because they decided to try something themselves when they didn't have the required skill, so it's either risk screwing your 3ds or risk loosing it......either way you have to take a gamble

misterb98

Moral Gateway User. Wat.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you aren't confident at soldering I would recommend you try find someone to do it, I know you risk loosing your 3ds but if you do your research and find someone reputable you should be fine, don't just send it to the person doing it for the cheapest price with no proof or history of their work.

I have seen quite a few people screwing up their 3ds because they decided to try something themselves when they didn't have the required skill, so it's either risk screwing your 3ds or risk loosing it......either way you have to take a gamble

Me ^^

While soldering the fourth wire I slipped and desoldered a resistor array. :P

Reactions: gamesquest1

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end