Why won't the first Megaman for NES work on NesterJ?

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by sKeEt, Apr 22, 2010.

Apr 22, 2010
  1. sKeEt
    OP

Member sKeEt GBAtemp Regular

United States
    My introduction to Megaman was Megaman X on the SNES. I have never played a Megaman game before this. sometime later I got Megaman 8 for the psx which I quickly returned because it sucked and wasn't Megaman X.

After playing Megaman 9 however and really enjoying I wanted to go back and play all the other old NES Megaman games before it Starting with the original.

But it won't play on my PSP.

2. TwinRetro

Global Moderator TwinRetro Don't start nothin', Won't be nothin'

United States
    The PSP NesterJ has to be one of the most finicky emulators on the PSP.

There could be a multitude of reasons, such as a slightly bad dump, If its a hacked rom (modified) it most likely will not work...And some ROMS just plain dont work with it. Like for example Punch Out will be all garbled and freeze randomly even on a clean ROM.

My advice would be to maybe find another copy of the ROM and see if that helps.

3. Lily

Former Staff Lily One Scary Lady

Canada
    I am using the latest version of NesterJ - v1.12 Plus 0.61 RM, and just tested Mega Man 1 for you. Works great! Update your version of NesterJ. [​IMG]

4. sKeEt
    OP

Member sKeEt GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Yea I'll guess I'll update it and see if that works.

I did download like 5 other roms that still didn't work and Punch Out works fine for me. It's only the first Megaman game that won't play. I have pretty much every other NES game ever made and they all seem to work fine. Though I haven't tested every single one of them