Why won't Savemii work properly anymore?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by happydance, May 7, 2010.

May 7, 2010
  1. happydance
    OP

Member happydance GBAtemp Fan

Philippines
    In my attempt to collect different version of wii i bought myself a 003 korean wii, and since i know i can be fixable with the certian requirements or can be useful for parts especaially the drive i took may chances.

1. so i soldered my modchip w/ autooot enable
    2. did the savemiifii and the 4.2 on the bottom screen apear
    3. insert a game and waited for it to load and black screen...

in my curiosity i tried it on my other wii one which is fully softmod and did the same thing. fustrated enough i setup my 3 wii with different settings

1st jap wii to 4.2u wii fully softmoded/bootmii as boot 2/preloader/CIOS 249/CIOS222/DARKCORP
    2nd pal wii to 4.2u almost virgin/bootmii as boot 2/CIOS249
    3rd us wii to 3.2u almost virgin/bootmii as boot 2/CIOS249

and in all the three wii's all loads in a black screen.

i also tried changing modhips like Wiikey updated to 1.9s/ Argon/ D2Pro 9 wires, and different disc

Surprisingly enough when i enable the option on preloader to enter recovery menu automatically or just the left button it autoboots the game fine, but when i manually use a GC controller it fails.

BTW i used an original GC controller and a 3rd party dancepad.

any ideas why it loads to a black screen on all wii's i've tried. if i remember correctly i can load via saveemiifii in the past when i was very newb in the wii and heard about this when it first came out and tried it on my wii.

2. damysteryman

Member damysteryman I am too busy IRL these days...

Antarctica
    It appears to me that your chip isn't set to autoboot at all.
    So instead of playing the game, the game is trying to see anything it can update in the hopes of fixing your Wii (that's what the recovery menu does, unless it's an autoboot disc).

If you cannot set it to autoboot, use this app on an iso you wish to use:
    http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Wii_BootMe

This will set the iso to autoboot, then you'll have to reburn the iso, then it should load the game via recovery mode.

...but I don't know if you'll be abe to use this on your 003'd wii to fix it without something like indiana pwns or cIOSCORP already installed on said 003'd wii.

3. happydance
    OP

Member happydance GBAtemp Fan

Philippines
    Thanks damysteryman got it sorted out, all this time i was using Wii Autoboot Creator and tried the linked you gave it works like a charmed!!

i really don't mind the 003 wii, i was just paranoyed that my other wii's can't autoboot via savemiifii

really apreaciate the help [​IMG]

4. damysteryman

Member damysteryman I am too busy IRL these days...

Antarctica
    No problem!