Hacking Why won't my updated Acekard 2i work on my updated DSi?

Centrix

Stop Poking the Moogle!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My boyfriend sent me his acekard 2i which is running the newest update for the newest 3DS firmware update. It also has AKAIO 1.8.9 not the new z running on the cart. it works fine on his 3DS and DSi and worked fine on mine at one point. I'd really like to use it any ideas on how I can get this to work I am running the latest firmware update for my DSi.

Thanks hope I explained it right I don't have much knowledge about this stuff :P

Click This

Surgite!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Akaio is not firmware.
As a simple analogy, it's the OS, what you need to update is the BIOS.

You need to flash the Acekard 2i with the latest firmware on a DS that can currently read it.

Centrix

Stop Poking the Moogle!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
he already did that, its flashed which is what I ment by updated and is running AKAIO 1.8.9 now some one here said it should work fine on and updated DSi if its working on an updated 3DS?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your Acekard should have a Prince Caspian icon. If it does not, extract and run this file on your Acekard using a DS/DSi/3DS the Acekard presently works with. Could you describe exactly how it is not working with your DSi? If it has a Prince Caspian icon but isn't showing up on your DSi, then it might be a contact issue.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
ok, i read the 1st post again... if it works on his updated 3ds and dsi, then your issue is a contact issue. i have acekards that work great on one system but not on another. i have one that actually works on my ds lite, and an xl, but on my xl if i move the xl at all it loses contact. its funny because i found that if i hold the xl while laying on my back it gets contact.

if reseating doesn't fix your problem then you'll need to fix the contact issue.

for that read this guide: http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Solving_Acekard_2i_Contact_Issues

-another world

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: For example, one of my other favorite songs from them, with some massive house music influence - +1